Persistent Pests

Peril spent the morning thinking, tossing the largest pice of her rock friend between her talons debating what went wrong. Every time she got annoyed with her thoughts, anger would bubble up but before she could release it, feelings like fear, guilt and embarrassment would simmer it back down. She didn't want Clay to think she was still that young angry dragonet like she was back with scarlet and she didn't want the others to think she was crazy for trying to talk to a rock and then getting angry at it like it was meant to talk back. She never cared what others thought of her, now she dose, what a grand trade this turned out to be. She now had one hundred more problems to deal with inside her but she also got a hundred and one good things as well, like Clay and kinda maybe Clays fiends and safety and Clay and no more Scarlet or killing or being yelled at. Sunny had said something about repression and Scarlet taking years away from here and now those emotions are coming back two force...but unless Clay was teaching she couldn't really pay attention that well. She was confused and hungry, the worst combination.

"Dam I think about Clay about as much as Clay thinks about food. Hm. Speaking of food"

She jumped down from her stone ledge, placing the stone piece back on it and began her way down the halls towards the prey centre. Students were out and about this morning, waking up and grabbing a bite to eat before the first bell rang for class, she didn't have morning class but did have one this evening so she had time. She made her way down and into the main hall where she stuck mostly to the side walls as to not run into the big crowd that always congealed near the centre, it was safer for everyone this way.

Making her way across the hall and away from the cacophony of voices and chatter, a few select words cut though the noise and made their way to her ears as if directed at her.

"Firescales?" ......... "More like"

............"Flame Brain"............

"Gaseous interior"........"Completely empty"

She whipped her head around to look behind her but only saw the mass of students busily getting to where they needed to go. She looked around if anyone was directed at her or looking at her and as she did she noticed an inquisitive rainwing staring confusedly at her but before she could do anything she also noticed more and more eyes falling upon her as her as the erratic darting of her head and immediate danger of her presence would cause anyone to be cautious. Defeated, she couldn't find anyone, she didn't even get to see who said that about her, or...too her, or if it was even about her, either way there were multiple voices so it was probably one of those little clicks with all the popular students in them or those from a certain tribe, they probably knew about her and what she had done and were making fun of her, hoping the crowd would keep them safe. A second of hesitation came over her before realising just how bad of an idea that intrusive thought was.

"What would Clay think if I did something like that"

Stepping back from her almost social calamity she now noticed many more eyes on her, more than usual, or at least more than she had noticed earlier. Was everyone always so... stare focused? This wasn't where she wanted to be, not like this. Her talons fell before her as she stumbled forward still acutely aware of how many eyes fell upon her as she made for the closest exit, food would have to wait, she didn't want to be here right now and certainly didn't want this many eyes on her, at least ones she couldn't just burn out if they stared too long. As soon as she left the exit to the main hall and into the open air she spread her wings earning her a few gasps and growls from a few nearby dragons who were a little too close and lifted off into the air.

Here she was free from the eyes of the crowds, or at least she thought she was until she opened up her own. In the corners of her peripheral vision she could see the shadows and shapes of dragons flying about far way, despite this she could still feel more eyes penetrating her scales, even from here. Her eyes darted from peak to peak, from cave to cave but she couldn't see anyone but she knew, she just knew they could see her and out of the nosies from the rushing wind and the tussle of a busy school a word cut though it like a searing blade right to her ears and into her head, her name.