New Frenemys

A gentle calm overcame Perils mind whenever she talked around Clay, she didn't feel so much like an outsider whenever she did, her previously fiery emotions had calmed and she could think clearly once more. About why she was here in the first place as her stomach reminded her, soon her lesser worries simmer against the newly cooled mist of her mind and remembered about the unattended scavenger back in her cave, she must ask Winter for a scavenger cage or something. The idea gave her mixed feelings about the whole thing, with her being a prisoner to scarlet almost and how cages weren't always physical, but this was different, totally.

"Iv got to get this back, this isn't just about me anymore. And before he gets himself killed"

Peril mumbled to herself spying the ram, though not quiet enough as a few brows raised at her. She had never been good on her own and doing something for someone else helped her focus, even if that someone else was a woodland critter that wouldn't stop flowing her. And at that moment it finally clicked for her, he wasn't wondering off or trying to escape, he was trying to look for her, did he really think so highly of her that he would follow her to the ends of Pyrrhia, evidently yes as he had as he almost died looking for her last time and if her hunch was correct then she only had a little while before he would get worried and come looking for her again. Perhaps a cage wasn't such a bad idea after all. He clearly didn't understand draconic as a language he only understood actions and expressions of action. Thats why he followed her in the first place, she had given him food and that told him that she was a friend.

"Dam I hope I didn't imprint on him"

Peril snatched up her ram by the remaining tuff and hauled it out and back to her cave, she gave a smile back at Clay and Kinkajou as she left as not to seem rude and quickly trotted back though the halls. Her mind thinking within itself but on the outside she could hear the commotion of ruckus of the academy around her more active and noisy than ever but her mind focused on hoping her scavenger friend was still waiting for her. The tuft of fur that remained singed off quickly but grabbing onto bits at a time she managed to keep it mostly unburnt only to enter to see the most distressing, expectable and empty sleeping cave where she had last left him.

The ruckus of the academy came to a crescendo as it dawned on Peril what was happening and so dropped the smouldering carcasses and turned out into the main hall. Where the first thing she saw was a skywing with a bloody muzzle being treated by an older rainwing nurse and dragons everywhere searching around rocks and under scrolls for the unknown perpetrator, thought Peril knew exactly what had happened. A closer look at the overly dramatic skywing saw that his injury only really stemmed from a small but clean slash on the tip of his muzzle near his lip, but of course he was ranting about some obscure creature.

"Knives, like ON its hands, no claws just a spike, and there were spikes everywhere OH and it was fast, like super fast, it ran on all of its six legs that it used to swipe at me and its little metal spikes went 'tik tik tik' as it ran. And it ran at me, no normal creature dose that, I had fire and everything and it just went WOSH, I bet it crawled up the walls or something like a giant metal spider."

The cut seemed clean, like something very sharp and since Peril had broken the scavengers little claw weapon it couldn't have been that. This case was getting curiouser and curiouser by the minute, she left the skywing and nurse to their business and started to walk, despite the bustle of the students frantically trying to find the apparently new creature that had invaded Jade mountain her ears softened and tried to focus on the more unique noises and in that moment she hear the hint metal hitting stone and her attention was now directed. Strangely enough, Moon of all drags on caught her eye, coming from the library and towards the Jade winglet wing, the same place strangely that she had been following, she soon disappeared into the corridor and Peril perused.