Homely ideals

And now it was Perils turn, miming out the directions back to her cave where Peri would be safe would be a creative masterpiece of interpretive dance if she could pull it off but he had a different idea as Peril looked down and saw him standing alarmingly close under her head and just in front between her talons. Peeved but not deterred she waved him towards the door, if he were to be safe he needed to be close to her, but not too close, this would be difficult. As she waved Peri scrambled to get his things and as he did she noticed exactly where he hat gotten his shiny new needle claw. Like a tiny fabric scroll he rolled up was a sewing kit, filled with all the things you would need, thread of all sizes, sharp pointy things and little pockets for whatever he was feeling like scavenging today. However the one thing that was alarming was the owner.

"S.u.n.n...Sunny? You stole this from Sunny, of course she would have something like this, too manny colours. You cant steal little my firecracker, ok well some you can, but Sunny's one of the nice dragons so not from her. You gotta learn the Jade academy rules if your going to be annoying me the whole time. One, no sealing from dragons who don't deserve to be stolen from. Two, don't kill anyone, even if they really deserved it so that means no stabbing eyes out, and thr..."

It had just occurred to her that she sounded like Clay, the thought was both humorous and exciting at the thought she was acting more like Clay and that he was rubbing off normality on her, metaphorically of course.

With the kit rolled on his back and his attention captured, Peril made the perilous journey back to her cave, in the busiest time when every dragon was rushing to class.

Peri jumped out and Peril tried to guide, coming out of the winglet sleeping caves came a commotion of dragons but Peril was the one dragon that probably could make a clearing.

"Ok now, stay close, not TOO close but close enough that you don't get snatched"

Peri understood nothing of the words but hopefully enough for the assignment. Peril began to walk the least busy sections with Peri scampering under her and between her talon steps, it was truly heart stopping as she took every step and hoped and trembled that she didn't touch, step or get in the way of him, but even when she did misstep he seemed quick on the draw and darted with speed and agility. He almost seemed to be enjoying himself, seeing all the dragons. Some dragons stoped and stared, some even tried vainly to swipe at him but either, Perils talons, wings or gaze, spooked them off. Whispers and chatter surrounded her, a lot of it involving her but with the task at hand it seemed minuscule in comparison, her one job was to get him home safely and by thunder or by blood she was going to get it done.

As she got to her cave, an overwhelming wave of relief washed over her and a hint of pride at her actions on how well that worked, not just the idea to keep Peri safe but also to how she was able to block out all the voices, the students were defiantly talking about her and yet her mind stayed focused on the task at hand. Looking down, Peri was a little worse for wear, a small singe here and there, perhaps he'll need more wrappings after what shes put him though but the look he gave her, looking up with those big eyes so full of hope and excitement put her at ease that he was one tough, fiery critter.'

"Yeeey"

He seemed to recognise Perils room and ran in to make himself comfortable, struggling to get onto the low stone slab Peril used as a bed but managing, sitting on the ledge and looking back at Peril as if she was going to join him. There next to him was the still smoking meal of ram that Peril had gotten, he seemed to be waiting.

"Not hungry?"

Peril said with a slight smirk, knowing what he wanted.

*Sigh*