After Hours

The little things antics entertained her as she began to process the days events, the bubbling anger and paranoia about others talking about her, it had been getting worse lately. More and more she had been worried about what total strangers had thought about her and the more she worried, the more the wrongdoings of her past came to the forefront of her mind. She had always believed Clay, and when he told her that she was a good dragon despite all she had done, she had tried to believe him so hard but deep down it never quite stuck.

The more she learned about other dragons the harder it was to justify it.

And even after so much progress and so few incidences, they still looked at her like at a drop of a feather she could burn the whole world down, and despite all, it was always wether she would, not to if she could, that much was proven already.

She thought about going back and how she would deal with the students and whoever was taking about her, calm and non violent ways of confronting them or simply ignoring them, she humorously imagined thinking of them all as if they were her small scavenger friend, empty headed critters scurrying around jade mountain aimlessly. She liked that idea as she had figured out why the company of this critter was calming, it was company, for as much as thats worth, yet couldn't judge her or have preconceived notions about her, or think of her in a way that only her deepest anxiety's could imagine. The thoughts that plague her mind when around so many. As if someone deep in the crowd was staring intently at her with piercing eyes that could pierce her ow so impervious scales and make their way into her head.

Speaking of piercing eyes.

Students?

Jade mountain?

"Oh blasted brazier!"

She had recalled she still had class today, she only had her morning off. Looking into the sky to see the sun up high above her, now no longer morning.

She stood up with a jolt, to the disgruntlement of the little scavenger that had assumed the role of poking her leg with a stick, watching it catch alight and then doing it again it apparent compleat fascination.

"Sorry little firestarter, duty calls"

She lifted off into the air with great speed, blowing down a gust of warm air and blowing out the scavengers little stick and causing him to tumble down. She quickly speed into the sky's and towards jade mountain with one singular thought.

"What did I just call him?"

"Also, class, don't get distracted Peril"

Zooming into the halls the little lightning bolt zipped over the head of the few remaining students still not in class and made her way to Clay's quarters where she found him with a face of mild disgruntlement and looking down at his wrist. She had never actually seen him angry so this was about as worse as it was probably would get but a sheepish smile from Peril and his face quickly brightened into a gentle smile she would never get tired of seeing. Following clay for her late morning class, whenever he didn't have class with the other winglets he always made time for her, she had always wanted to believe that it was just an excuse for him to spend time with her but she knew Clay wasn't that subtle but wishes danced around her mind regardless.

After an admittedly boring class, despite the company, Clay had to cut their 'advanced literacy' a little short as he had to attend to a ruckus in the prey centre, Peril herself was quite happy with herself as today had been a much better day and she hadn't even though of killing anyone. As she was making her way towards the prey centre as if on qui to spoil her day that familiar tingling feeling under her scales crawled up the back of her neck, telling her something was not quite right. A tumbling of a skywing and a nightwing fell out of the corridor behind her, and leading head of the two was a small scavenger critter running for its life. The two dragons clamoured over each other in a vain attempt to be the first to catch the speedy critter, both yelling at the other.