Dark Tunnels

"Hello? Peril? You there?"

Fatespeaker waver her claws in-front of her.

"Y-Yea I'm fine, just...wow thats a lot"

"Yea you can say that again, he took up almost the entire session as well, we'll have to save my presentation for next time"

Fatespeaker looked back to Starflight with an expression of humorous annoyance and somehow Starflight reacted to it with a small smile and shrug of his shoulders. But before anyone could continue more voices cold be heard from outside and dragons being unusually busy, running about.

"More adventures I assume?"

Fatespeaker spoke with a sigh.

"No, I think someone is hurt"

Starflight's ears twitched as he scanned all the voices, they both went to the entrance and looked down the hall where a crowd was gathering.

"Now whats all this?"

The crowd gathered around an injured nightwing, sitting by the entrance to a small crack in the cave wall, the nightwing was the same nightwing that was chasing Winters scavenger earlier now seemingly found what he was looking for and an extra surprise. He had a long wooden splitter sticking out of his left eye, the tip wrapped in what appeared to be bird feathers.

"Bigtail, what happened?"

Clay was questioning and looking over Bigtail's injury's, not wanting to pull the wooden stick out just yet to avoid damage.

"It was a bloody gremlin thing, dam quick bugger, ill tear that scavenger apart when it comes out"

Bigtail exclaimed.

"What? A scavenger? Winter?"

Clay seemed surprised and somewhat disappointed though Peril knew not why.

"Hey don't look at me, Bandit's still in his cage and iv made sure sand snorter here hasn't had any alone time to let him out again"

Winter was near the back of the crowd, along with a peeved looking sandwing and a concerned looking female nightwing.

"Oh no, not him, not now, not this."

Everyone looked at Peril as she spoke allowed while talking to herself, she quickly noticed and puffed up her shoulders like she meant to say that.

"I-I'll deal with this little pest"

"Peril wait, this scavenger isn't like the ones you normally see, its dangerous, just look what it did to Bigtail, I don't want you to loose an eye to this thing"

Clay seemed quite cornered for anyone going after this thing, it was only a scavenger after all and more so it was Perils scavenger, he wasn't dangerous, mostly.

"Clay its ok, firescales see? I can blink and ill be fine, Im the best for the job, nothing can harm me"

She said this but the thoughts of Starflights lecture came back to her, all the ways scavengers tended to fight, to set traps in small, cramped, damp tunnels like this crack that seemed to go on forever into the wall of the corridor, the scavenger must have escaped down there but there was no wind, no breeze, it must be a dead end, no escape.

The crowd parted as she walked regally to the entrance of the crack in the wall, she had to fold her wings down to fit thought but it wasn't too bad, her scales illuminating the suddenly very dark tunnel ahead of her.

"Ill be careful and deal with this scavenger problem myself, no need to worry anyone"

She herself was not so sure, she wanted to be the one to deal with it because if it was her scavenger friend then she didn't want anyone else finding him and she might be able to save him, he didn't mean it right? He didn't mean to attack Bigtail, with, that thing, hit him right in the eye, must have been thrown or something, travelling fast.