Spooky Stories to Tell in The Dark

(*Disclaimer. Mention of uncomfortable situations and descriptive language*)

Of course Peril knew, it was not 'alright' in fact this was the worst. She knew she had to get her little scavenger friend out of here but that was easier said than done with her firescales and all. All she wanted was to not kill, to not hurt anyone anymore and perhaps it started here, she would not be a slave to her cure any longer. They said she was the most powerful dragon in Pyrrhia due to her firescales, that she could do anything but in reality she could do less than any other dragon, she would accept that she wasn't all powerful and that any task, every normal task would be a challenge for her but she accepted that and she would fight it and win. For now of course she stayed just a few seconds longer staring up at her friend who looked down with his gentle smile, if he could believe she was worth it then anyone could, even her.

Her thoughts were moved by the ringing of the gong and her head perked up an inch as her memories came back, no time for moping around, she had work to do and this was the hardest one of them in all of jade mountain, class with Starflight.

"Ok"

she sighs

"Ok little Firecracker, here's whats going to happen"

He looked up at her with those big curious eyes, his full attention upfront tho she could only hope some of it was comprehended.

"YOU"

*Points to him*

"You STAY here"

*points to the ground*

"HERE"

"Please?"

"What am I doing? Ok I need you to stay right here, don't come looking for me ill just be out for a bit, ill be back I promise. If your good I might bring you back some food, yea you like that? Just...just stay here and everything will be ok"

She had noticed her dramatic movements with her arms had caught the scavengers attention and seemed quite enthralled with what she was saying, this would be tough but perhaps she really could get him to follow instructions, if he stayed here till she was finished for the day she could figure out a way to safely get him out without another dragon seeing him and more difficulty, without her touching him. He sits at the edge of her stone bed and looked at her, she took this as a sign that he had understood, that THIS was the place she should stay.

"Ok ok good scavenger...um.hm.. I should get you a name, like a real name, nick names are ok but even i might get confused. Regardless, GOOD, yes you stay and don't be seen, don't let any dragon see you, go near you, touch you or try and eat you"

She was pressing each one of her talons out as she counted each 'don't' like a list for him to follow.

'Stay hidden, stay safe, please, just until I get back, then we can deal with you"

She said in a much gentler tone as she looked down and as she backed up to the door he remained sitting on her bed and she gave him a stern look just as her head disappeared into the corridor.

She had wasted enough time and wasted no more booking herself towards the library, more specifically a reading cave near the library, Starflight was really the most knowledgeable here and so was giving her the rundown of history and prehistory, a time where there was little information and the resources in the history cave were not needed. Instead Starflight had his own personal collection of ancient scrolls about the scorching that he had gather in the time the school was opening, it seemed like a pet project of his as he seemed both fascinated and disturbed by scavengers, he had voiced his distain a few times according to Clay while setting up the academy, making sure it was well away from any dens and with entrances that made it difficult for anything to wonder it, though it seemed it wasn't hard enough for Perils little firecracker friend.