chapter 3: what has sausage been doing all week?

Sausage has seemed pretty chill all week, he was wandering around the other empires, just watching everyone build and seemingly talking to himself. When he was at Pixlriff’s empire, Pixandria, Pix stopped building to chat with him, “Hey Sausage! What brings you here?”
“Oh nothing much Pix, I just wanted to see how the other emperors were doing and how much work they've done since the beginning of the server!” Sausage replied, after snapping out of his thoughts, though he was clearly ever so slightly upset at how Pix had caught him watching him. “Oh, well it's nice to see you around, however you seem distressed, is something wrong?” Pix reached out a hand and laid it on Sausage’s shoulder, he flinched at the affection, even knowing that it was a friendly gesture, and didn't mean anything like Sausage was thinking earlier. “Oh uh, no, nothing's wrong Pix, just been stuck on ideas for Mythland, I was watching others to find inspiration!” Sausage was obviously lying, he wasn't looking directly at Pix, eyes darting around quickly, looking everywhere but at Pix, ‘oh dear, I hope Pix cant tell im lying’ Sausage finally looked at Pix, his expression showed he was extremely worried for his friend, “Sausage, are you okay? You're turning pale” Pix moved his hand to feel Sausage’s forehead, “Oh dear, you're burning up, let's get you laid down!” “no no no, I'm fine Pix, it's just hot here!" Pix calmed down a bit, but he still looked extremely worried for Sausage. "If you say so, but please let me know if anything or anyone is bothering you" Sausage sighs, happy he wasn't caught just thinking about what he was, he shifts slightly as Pix smiles, his goddamn smile was so cute to Sausage, he shifted around again. Pix noticed and his smile fell, “Sausage? Are you okay? You keep moving around like you're uncomfortable.” “Pix! I'm fine, I swear!” “But-” “no ‘but’s about it, I'm fine, i'll tell you if something is wrong” Pix just nodded and went back to building, Sausage ran past Pix while his back was turned and he bolted into Pix’s base.

Sausage heard footsteps just outside the base so he ran behind a few chests in a corner. “Sausage? Where did you go?” Pix was inside his base now, Sausage’s heart was pounding, he put his hands over his mouth to make sure Pix couldn't hear him, but he hit the side of the chest in front of his head. Pix heard the chest move and his head snapped that way, he locked eyes with sausage and Pix’s face relaxed as he walked over, “Hey Sausage, what's wrong?” Sausage doesn't respond, he was looking for a way to escape his own embarrassment, “Sausage, please tell me whats wrong?” Pix pleaded, sausage was still not responding. “Sausage?” Pix walks over to the chest that was moved and looks behind it, all he sees is Sausage sitting hunched over, hand over his mouth and he’s breathing heavily. “Oh dear, are you okay?” Pix crouches down next to Sausage after pushing the chest out of the way. Sausage shakes his head, “no..” Pix’s face fell, his friend wasn't okay, maybe he pushed too hard to try to get Sausage to talk to him and it made him uncomfortable, maybe Sausage was uncomfortable with something else, there were many possibilities for what Sausage could be uncomfortable with.
“Pix… I think I need help..” Pix’s mind immediately stopped wondering, Sausage was admitting he had a problem, and he needed help! ‘I think I might know where this is going..’ Pix took a deep breath, “What's going on? What do you need help with?” Sausage wipes his eyes and takes a deep breath, finally looking Pix in the eyes, “bad memories in the form of nightmares, they keep coming back and bringing some old ‘friends’ with them and I don't know how to handle it anymore… Pix.. I'm useless..” Sausage looks down, crying softly as he finishes his sentence. “Oh Sausage.. Why didn't you say something earlier? I can help you through this. Is there anything else I need to know?” Sausage pauses at that before holding out his arm to Pix, signalling for him to roll it up. Pix’s face immediately went blank, he didn't know what he was gonna see, but he had a feeling that it was gonna be bad. He rolled up Sausage’s sleeve, and his face went from blank to upset faster than you can say ‘rawr’. His arm was covered in small but deep red lines “Oh Sausage, darling, are you okay? Do you need me to bandage these for you?” Sausage nods, “I tried to bandage them after it was done, but I ran out of bandages the week before..” Pix nods and walks Sausage over to his bed, grabbing bandages and alcohol out of the chest right next to him, he turns back to Sausage, who has taken his shirt off, showing more cuts all over both arms, his chest and stomach. “Okay, I'm gonna start cleaning and bandaging now, it might sting a little” Pix walks over and sits on the bed next to him, taking his arm and starting to clean it, getting all the dried blood and the blood that is still flowing out of some of the cuts, Sausage winced, but held still so the process go go faster. Soon enough, Pix moved to bandaging that arm and quickly, yet efficiently got it done, moving to work on his chest and stomach. After Pix finished with all the bandaging, he turned to Sausage again, “Anywhere else, bubs?” Sausage looked down, mumbling just loud enough for Pix to hear, “my thighs…” he took a deep breath, “but i feel uncomfortable when people touch there outside of more.. frisky.. situations..” Pix smiled softly, “I can keep my hands off, I just need to know that they get cleaned and bandaged” “Okay.. I can stand when someone watches, it's just.. Please make sure you don't touch?” “I promise, I will not touch your thighs, I will merely watch to make sure you do it correctly” Pix passes the alcohol and bandages to him, Sausage takes the items and sets them down on the floor before pulling down his trousers and rolling up his boxers. Ignoring the gasp he hears from Pix, he takes the items again and starts cleaning his thighs, he manages to get through it fairly quickly, and tries to bandage himself, but fails miserably. “Uh… hey Pix? Y’know how I said not to touch? I uh, I need help with the bandages..” Pix smiles softly, “are you asking me for help?” Sausage nods, “Okay, I’ll try to get it done as quickly as possible” Sausage nods in acknowledgment, turning to face Pix. He finishes quicker than Sausage expected, the bandages weren’t too tight but also weren't lose enough that they would fall down, and Pix managed to only make skin-on-skin contact once! Sausage smiled softly, “thank you Pix, I appreciate the help” Pix smiles, “thank you for letting me help.”