Chapter 25 - Clouds

Chapter 25 – Clouds

Could Angel be pregnant?

The thought crosses his head multiple times and reciprocity of approval seems to come easily for him. For heaven's sake, he'd move mountains to father Angel's babies. He could already envision himself holding the tiny little thing in his arms, restraining his resolve to cry when he looks at the child's face.

He hurries back home tempering the excitement, only to see Angel in the living room pacing to and fro with her fingers tapping against each other. Ease leaves her face, he reckons. But as soon as his presence is felt by hers, he thought he sees her dull and worried look relaxed a bit.

She dashes toward him and hold his hands. When he looks into her eyes, they scream apprehension.

"What's the matter?" he hisses, reaching for her face.

This is not the look of a supposed pregnant woman, the thought comes first when she closes in to him.

"I just can't help but worry, Hunter," she softly says.

"What is it?"

"A mysterious package was sent over this afternoon." She clutches his hand and pulls him toward the table where a box lays. Nervously, she tells him, "This could be just some misdelivered package, however, I can't set aside the thought of Will and the warning gift he sent to me months ago. Don't you think I'm a little paranoid now?"

No. After all the fear Will has inflicted upon her, she has all the rights to suspect.

And the prospect of a child with Angel went all to drain when he realizes that the package sent to Angel is as much similar as the one sent to him—baby stuffs in blue and a peculiar ultrasound film. No, this can't just be pure coincidence. A simultaneous erroneous package delivery does not sound legitimately sane to him. This was planned. This was done for a purpose to wreak havoc and terror. However, why the choice of baby objects? Why tarnish the meant happiness of baby objects as gifts to incoming parents? These are supposed to be sacred items, and not to be used to blackmail or threaten people.

"What does this mean, Hunter?"

Hunter chose not to tell Angel about the package he received though. He'd deal with it some other time, when he finds a clearer reason for this needless act. He'd have to ring Paul immediately to investigate on the packages once they're settled on the plane to Colombia. Tonight, they're bound for a six hour trip to the south, and he does not want for anything inconspicuously threatening to be on their way—his way to be exact.

He shrugs his shoulders and mouths, "This could be just some random mistake, baby." He kisses her on the lips lightly and heaves her away from the table where the package rests. "Let me take this to Paul so that he could return this back to the post," sidestepping past Angel and back to the table, and reaches for the box, he adds. He holds on it tightly as though it is a ticking time bomb. "We have a flight to catch. Your parents expect us in six hours."

She smiles and replies, "I have all our things ready. I was just waiting for you."

"I'll follow you upstairs," he says while watching her walk up the stairs. Then his gaze straightly goes to the box he is carrying once Angel vanishes in the turn corner.

Quickly, he rings for Paul. And in just a second, the man is on the other line.

"I need you to check on the package. Find out who sent it and tell me right away," says he darkly. But just this morning he was ordering Paul to never interrupt his vacation with Angel. However, things came up, and he has to get his hands on this.