Preview - Chapter 35 Licked Wounds

Preview: Chapter 35

Licked Wounds

"You always wanted to be with me right?" he told him that night after they lost the bet, and Damien was forced to promise in front of the gang that he had to withdraw from all the colleges he had applied. He saw fear in him; he was but a seventeen year old. Fear of being reproached by the indomitable James Etheridge and afraid to disappoint his most loved mother. "This is it, Damien. We're going to be together. It's not bad, is it? We're a team now," he once told him confidently.

Shaking the horrific memory off his head, Hunter continues to climb the wide steps inside, until he reaches an open flat area where dusty crates are left. A burst of light is concentrated at the middle where a rectangular wooden table rests, and which allows him to direct his sole attention to the man leaning against the table's edge. There were no women or bottles of wine—only Will and that off-putting smirk on his face. His gaze travels around, searching for the soul he's expecting to see, his brother.

"Where's Damien?" his tone solid as a rock.

Will straightens his legs and back, and blows the cigar that is in his mouth.

"Do you see him here?" responds Will.

"You said he's with you! Where is he?" His temper slowly getting-out-of-hand. He should have known better, he thought. Will got him this time. And what best way to do it—his brother, of course!

"I called him already. He's coming for sure," Will says nonchalantly. "Want to see my call logs?"

"That won't be necessary. I'm leaving."

As soon as he turns his heels around, the steel roll-up dock doors slide down, and a line of unknown armed men appears in his view. They are carrying guns around their waists and in their hands are wooden clubs and baseball bats.

"I told you we're going to have fun tonight," says Will, his grimace reeking of malice and dark intentions. Out of the blue, he pulls out a shining metal knife from his jacket and starts rubbing the blunt side with his fingertips. "You remember this?"

------------

A/N: Hello everyone! I am very sorry for the super late update. There were so many things to do at home and I was away for personal reasons. I will leave you with a preview of Chapter 35. I might post the entire chapter a few hours from now. 

Thank you for the patience :)

Love lots,

Cordelia