cinq

"Tae, c'mon! We're gonna be late for your appointment." – Jennie shouted from downstairs, in hopes her husband could hear her.

Jennie closed the zipper from her daughter's llama backpack and adjusted the large pink bow that adorned the girl's head meanwhile Hajoon's was refilling her purple water bottle. At that same time, Taehyung hurried down the stairs.

Father and son hadn't met since Tae woke up in the hospital; he had been silently agreed among all of them that it was for the best. The last time Hajoon had seen him, was while he still asleep, during the boy's last week in the hospital. He knew that Taehyung needed to improve his health and his relationship with his direct family first and so he could then start to deal with the more turbulent aspects of his own life.

Taehyung stopped at the bottom of the stairs when he noticed the crouched presence of his father, helping Hana to put her backpack on, at the front door.

Jennie ran her hand over her face, worried. She didn't want confrontations in front of Nana.

"Taehyung, hello. How are you" – Hajoon asked cautiously, holding the little girl's hand.

His son just stared at him and made his point of completely ignoring him, huffing as he threw himself against one of the green plush sofas in the living room.

Jennifer sighed and handed her daughter's plushy of the day, a little monkey, to her grandfather, leading them out the door as she bid them goodbye.

"Tae, we're late" – Jennie said again as she entered the main area of the house, looking for her purse.

"I heard it the first time" – he grumbled, getting up from the sofa and running a hand through his still wet hair – "You don't need to treat me like a child, Kang."

Jennie just sighed, resigned – "I just want you to get better soon."

"I'm not going to magically remember things by looking at the doctor's face, if that's what you're hoping for."

She sighed again, probably for the 108th time of the week, and just walked out to their garage with him following her right behind.

.

"Tae, you gotta chill! I can't really clean your wound well if you keep moving like that. You heard what the nurse said, it needs to be really clean now that we aren't supposed to use the large bandage anymore." – She told him, while he just squirmed and ducked at every movement of her fingers. They were back in their kitchen, she was standing in her black heels while he was sitting in one of the island stools.

"Yeah, but this fucking hurts."

Jennie cleaned the cut calmly and decisively, following the instructions of the doctor that they had visited that afternoon. The new goal was for the cut to heal enough so that the stitches could be removed early in the next week.

"I know it hurts, it's a pretty big cut.'

As soon as Jennie finished with the care and started putting the stuff away in the 3 layers first aid box, Taehyung got up and headed straight to the powder room near the entrance.

"Holy shit!" – he exclaimed loudly, putting one of his hands over his mouth in shock.

The cut went from the corner of the left eyebrow, leaving a gap, to a good portion of the scalp, with the stitches still showing. His eyes watered and Tae didn't know why.

"It's your first time seeing it?" – asked Jennie, who had come running to meet her husband after his scream.

He just nodded, unable to express anything else.