six

Taehyung started to get used to the routine at home after those weeks back.

Jennie and Nana would leave early in the morning for work and school, and he would only get out of bed after they were gone; He liked to take advantage of this sacred time when he could just be him – without the forgotten roles of father and husband hanging over his mind – to try to get to know himself again.

Some everyday memories appeared unexpectedly, as something from the house's routine reminded him of small, careless passages – like what happened with Jennie and Nana going up the stairs to take a bath. It was always a lapse, a flash, that suddenly appeared in those moments.
He hadn't remembered anything that surprised him; Normally the memories involved his wife and daughter, always laughing and playing, in an atmosphere totally different from the one the small family lived in now.

Taehyung also began to remember excerpts from books that he suspected he had read in those past years. He spent most of his lonely days in his office, sometimes reviewing old work, sometimes reading one of the many books arranged on the shelf that covered, from top to bottom, one of the walls of the room.

Music would also trigger some memories too; After he learned how to mess with their house's cool Sonos sound system, he started to listen music during the days and remember some lyrics and melodies that were forgotten in the back of his mind.

One day while blasting one of the Spotify playlists, that he didn't remembered creating, on his office speakers, a glimpse of Jennie dancing sexy in a crowded room suddenly hit him.

.

˖⁺‧☁︎ ࿏ Jennie was wearing a short black cami dress paired with tall heeled black boots and her hair was ginger; a different hair color that he had never before. It was her cousin Irene birthday party, and it was the first time Taehyung was hanging with only her crew. Even though he remembered some people from high-school, he wasn't really close to any of them. He was the problematic kid, always in trouble and his friends were just like him. Rosé, one of Jennie nerd friends approached him when she had to run to the toilet and he was sitting alone by the pool.

"Hey bad boy, how are you doing?" - She said while pushing a dark haired girl with her.

"Hey Rosé, hanging. Cool party right?" - He said trying to be nice and paying more attention to the two girls that were a bit too close

"Don't lie. I know you're having a terrible time but Jennie really appreciates your effort though! - She blinked to him and gave him a high five - Way too go, champ. By the way, she's my girlfriend, Suzy. And you can see, we all perfect kids have secrets too. Don't let old judgments command your life. Have some fun, we are all nice and fun, I promise.

Taehyung was a bit too stunned to answer so he just smiled and let Rosé grab his hand and take him inside, where the others were dancing to some electronic beats. Jennie was already there, dancing with Jisoo and Bohyun. Her smile lightened when she saw him coming with Rosé and Suzy. He felt his body burning with desire watching her dance those sexy beats.

"I love you" - She whispered on his ear while kissing his neck. ࿏ ☁︎ ‧⁺˖

.

He felt uncomfortable. He looked at the song that was playing, El Sueño by Dennis Cruz, and decided to change the playlist. In the past, he didn't really liked electronic music, so he was surprised that he was able to enjoy that playlist until that memory hit him.

So many new habits that he had no idea how it started.

When he held a pencil for the first time after the accident, absentmindedly scratching a blank sheet of paper in his office, he was startled by the result. It looked a lot like the other drawings that filled that room.