dix

Jennie and Hana rarely came home early after that day – they usually appeared through the garage door when it was dark and close to bedtime. Taehyung didn't know where they were spending the rest of their time. He didn't dared to ask.

And this was hurting everyone.

On one of the nights, Jennie unusually went downstairs after she had put her daughter to sleep, to grab a notebook in the study, when she spotted some drawings on her husband's desk. She couldn't resist spying on them.

Taehyung suddenly entered, his hand holding a mug filled with tea, startling his wife.

"Tae" – she exclaimed, astonished – "This is new." – She added, referring to the countless drawings spread across the table and on the cork board on the wall. His iPad Pro and his Wacom Cintiq that he used to work, were both on their stand. For a second, it seemed like things were just like before his accident.

He just nodded in affirmation, showing a satisfied smile – "I think I'll go back to work next week, if everything goes well" – he said, without looking at her.

"Taehyung... That's great." – She replied, admired, with an emotional smile that contained equal doses of joy and sadness.

The husband nodded and frowned slightly – "How did you know it was new?" – he asked, curious.

"I know all your drawings, Tae." – She simply replied, looking at him deeply; the saddest smile the husband could remember seeing was still on his wife's face.

Having said that, Jennie slowly walked away towards the kitchen, ruminating about her husband's progress. It was a mix of admiration and tension.

From afar, through the glass wall of the office, Taehyung watched his wife return from the kitchen with a large glass of water in her hand; She wore a simple silky gray nightdress and all he could think was that Jennie had no idea how well she looked. All that came to his mind was how beautiful she was.

With his eyes glued to her, he snuck out of the office as Jennie moved out of his field of vision. He watched as she slowly walked up the stairs – probably more a reflection of an intense day than a seduction maneuver, but Taehyung couldn't help but find her incredibly sexy.

Jennie reached the upper floor without having any idea that she was being watched, leaving her husband to stare at the emptiness of the stairs.

Tae sighed and one of his first memory of that house came to mind, making him smile. They had been so happy there. He tried to force himself to remember what they were laughing about on that day.

.

˖⁺‧☁︎ ࿏ Jennie, with longer hair and an infinitely more youthful appearance, was going up the stairs with a much younger Hana cuddled up to her. The baby laughed uncontrollably on her mother's lap.

"Tell Appa we're going to take a shower" – Jennie said to her daughter, who couldn't stop laughing – "Bye, Appa"

She could barely climb the steps because her daughter was laughing so much, that she was unable to resist and started laughing along with her. Hana, with very big chubby cheeks, laughed and waved her hands at her father.

"Tae, stop being silly, please" – asked Jennie, still laughing, trying to calm their daughter – "She urgently needs a bath."

"Appa" – he continued to say to his daughter, making her laugh – "Appa" – he said once again, he himself couldn't resist laughing with her.

It all started with Taehyung trying – in vain – to make Hana's first word be dad, but it ended up becoming more of a joke than an attempt when the little girl found the word very funny.