Chapter 2- Timothy Anderson

Timothy Anderson Mathlete championship team member

I wake up in the morning really excited, why you may ask? Well I have a English project and one of the people in my group is the amazing Annabeth Chase.

Now if you don't know who Annabeth Chase is I feel bad for you but for a quick summary about her she's absolutely perfect. She's the smartest kid in our school not to mention absolutely beautiful. She has long blonde curls that fall down her back and stunning grey eyes.

I've had a crush on here ever since she joined math club. When she came in I thought she was just going to be some dumb blonde or something but boy was I wrong.

I quickly got dressed, brushed my teeth and took a quick shower before leaving for school.

When I got their I rushed through the hallways to my english class then sat down in my usual seat in the front row. Shortly after my teacher came in and told us what to do before we separated into our groups.

"H-hey Annabeth." I said as I ran over to her.

"Let's w-work at my d-desk."
Stop stuttering. I thought to myself you look silly.

"Oh yeah sure that'd be great." Annabeth responded smiling at me. That's a sign right? Girls don't smile at you if they don't like you right?

Annabeth and the other people in our group who I wasn't paying much attention to, all pulled up a chair and sat around my desk.

About 45 minutes later we were done the work given to us today and still had 15 minutes to spare. Everyone in our group slowly started to leave my desk and return to theirs. As Annabeth started to get up and do the same I (without thinking) called her name.

"Hey Annabeth can you wait a second I need to talk to you."

"Yeah what is it Timothy?" Annabeth responded as she turned around to face me. I can't believe she called me Timothy. Not because I thought she didn't know my name or anything. I was surprised because she called me my full name not something stupid like Tim or Timmy, I hate it when people give me nicknames.

"Ya I hate it when people call me Annie." Annabeth replied. Oh I guess I said that last part out loud.

"I just wanted to ask you something."
I said nervously. Come on just ask her out you both hate nicknames so it must be fate.

"Well.." I started "I wanted to know if maybe after-" I was interrupted by the sound of the lunchtime bell ringing. Great just great.

"Sorry Timothy I gotta go if it's important you can ask me after school I'll be right outside waiting for my ride."

I turned my head to the side in confusion when she said the last part. Annabeth drives home by herself or at least she usually does. I looked back to Annabeth to find that she was no longer there but I heard her yell from the hallway.

"Bye!"

I started to pack up my stuff and make my way to the lunchroom.

After my last class I raced to my locker and quickly stuffed all my stuff into my bag. I didn't want to miss Annabeth and since it's probably one of her friends coming to pick her up they're probably always early like her.

I ran to the front of the school with my backpack on my shoulder then suddenly relief washed over me as I saw Annabeth seating under a tree reading book. Well I guess her friend isn't always early.

"Hey!" I called waving at Annabeth.

"Oh hi Timothy." Annabeth said waving me over.

I started to walk closer to her practicing breathing exercises as I got closer.

"Breathe in then out then in then out." I thought to myself trying to stay calm.

"So I was wondering Annabeth.."

"Ya what's up?" Annabeth asked brushing a piece of her blonde hair out of her face.

"I was thinking that maybe you'd want to go out on a date or something with me?" I said extremely fast.

"Umm well." A sudden expression formed on her face and immediately I could see the pity in her eyes as she opened her mouth about to answer.

"Sorry she can't she has this amazing boyfriend." A voice from behind me says. It was definitely a boy, the voice was deep and I don't know, manly I guess. But I could hear amusement in his voice too.

I turned around and saw a tall good looking boy about my age standing in front of me. He had messy black hair and blue and green-ish eyes.

He leaned forward so that he was down to my height and smiled then put out his hand.

"Hey I'm Percy the amazing boyfriend I was talking about."

"Umm I umm didn't k-know that she h-had a b-b-boyfriend." I croaked out. Now that the boy was closer to me I could see his muscles through his shirt and even with the bright smile he was wearing I was still terrified he'd break me like a twig.

"Hey stop it Percy your scaring him." Annabeth said sounding annoyed.

"Awww come on wise girl I'm being friendly." Percy complained as if he was a child.

He then leaned closer to me and whispered. "I'm being a lot nicer with you then I was with the last guy who flirted with my girlfriend."

I started to shake. I'm going to die I'm actually going to die. But my thoughts were quickly interrupted when Percy started laughing.

"Hey come on kid I'm just kidding you don't need to look so scared."

"Percy!" Annabeth said. I looked at her and she was definitely trying not to laugh. She then turned to face me.

"Sorry Timothy but I have a boyfriend so I'm gonna have to say no to the date."

I nodded before I quickly turned around and started speed walking away from the couple when I felt like I was at a safe distance I turned around to see Percy putting his arm over Annabeth then starts to say something that makes her laugh. She turns to Percy and kisses him on the cheek then he grabs her waist turning her to face him before he crashed his lips on hers. After they broke apart he put his arm on her shoulder and they walked off in to the parking lot.
--------------------------------------------------
Hey so I'm really proud of this chapter so I hope you enjoyed it, Because I thought Percy was pretty cute. Really hope you enjoyed this and thanks for reading! :)

Also if you're looking for some entertainment check out me and my cousins youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiTY1L97-EU