Chapter 5- Skyler Andrews

Skyler Andrews Goode Drama club President

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN" I shout making some obscene hand gestures. "I can't believe just because Sylvana and Ash did bad on some stupid english test the entire cast has to suffer?" I whine to Mr. Blofis our English teacher.

"I'm sorry Skyler but if a student is failing any mandatory class they're not allowed to participate in any extra curricular's" Mr. Blofis replies.

"Ugh" I groan in frustration crossing my arms, who else could fill their roles, I mean sword fighting isn't very popular nowadays.

"However." Mr Blofis continues. "I do know two people who can sword fight. I already asked and they said they were willing to help. You do know my step-son Percy Jackson, right?"

My heart skipped a beat when he said Percy's name. In case you were living under a rock Percy Jackson is the Goode swim team captain and a total cutie.

His bluish green eyes were beautiful enough to make any girl go weak at the knees and his jet black hair was always messily styled.

"Yes I am aware of his existence." I reply to Mr. Blofis trying to hide my excitement.

"Yes, well he and Annabeth Chase have agreed to help in your play he'll meet you at the drama club room. Now if that is all, I have some work to do Skyler, goodbye." And with that he usheres me out of his classroom.

I quickly walk to the clubroom excited to get to hang out with Percy. When I'm about to open the door I hear two people bickering.

"I don't get why I have to do this it's just gonna be embarrassing." A voice I didn't recognize said.

"C'mon Annabeth it'll be fun trust me" Ok that's definitely Percy.

"Ya right seaweed brain. Ugh this is gonna suck." The first voice replied. Hmmm that must be Annabeth.

"Well if it sucks I'll let you say I told you so ok?" Percy replied.

I enter the room interrupting their conversation.

"Hey soooo are you guys gonna be my replacement warriors." I ask.

"I guess so, I'm Percy by the way." Percy says extending his hand towards me. I look down at his hand then back into his eyes a blush rising to my cheeks Oh my gosh he's so cute.

Percy notices me staring at him and drops his hand reaching to scratch the back of his head. "Umm ok." He says shifting his weight from one foot to another before turning to look at Annabeth.

"I'm Annabeth by the way" She says breaking the awkward tension that still hangs in the air. I shoot her a awkward wave. She looks me up and down as if she was trying to calculate what I'm going to do next. Annabeth had long wavy blonde hair and unique grey eyes that reminded me of a storm.

"Well we unfortunately have a limited amount of time" I say looking at Percy and batting my eyelashes. "So let me start with a quick rundown of the story line."

Percy and Annabeth both agree so we sit down and I explain to them the story and when they had to start their fight. About half an hour later Natalie another girl in the drama club came to tell me that it was time to perform.

I shoot Annabeth and Percy a worried look they were no where near ready, but it was show time and we had not other options. I stand up and take a deep breath "Break a leg." I wink pushing them towards the stage doors.

The first act of the play goes by in a blur and before I know it I'm standing back stage waiting anxiously for Percy and Annabeth's duel.

Annabeth and Percy both say their lines then start fighting and to say I was impressed would be a understatement. Under the stage light Percy's good looks were only even more defined. He moved around with such fluidity it almost looked like the two of them were dancing as their swords clash and scrape one and other. The scene ends with Annabeth hovering her blade over Percy's throat just like was planned.

When the play finishes I walk the halls to go and congratulate Percy on his amazing performance, he had such naturally talent. Percy should definitely join the drama club! Imagine that hanging out with Percy for an extra hour after school that'd be awesome!

I continued to wander around aimlessly trying to find Percy when I hear a laugh from around the corner.

I begin to walk quietly as I approach the source of the noise. I peak around the corner and I see a couple kissing!

The girl was leaning against one of the lockers and I saw a head of black hair in front of the girl who had long blonde curls.

I gasp, is that Percy and Annabeth? They both turn to look at me and I can't help but feel a tinge of disappoint that Percy isn't single.

"Oh Skyler" Percy stutters a slight blush on his cheeks. "We um didn't see you there." He finishes then looks down in embarrassment. I look in between them and notice Annabeth's hand firmly resting of Percy's chest. A smile spreads across my face they are really cute together........ I guess.

"Fine." I say looking at Annabeth "You can have him."

"What?" Percy chimes cocking his head to the side.

"He's cute and everything but I don't think it would work out between us." I say then turn to Percy. " Your sword fighting was great but your delivery of lines was subpar.

"Wait what do you mean sub-" Percy starts but Annabeth quickly shushes him.

"Thanks for helping out maybe I'll see you around." I smile and make my exit.

Hello so I hoped you liked this chapter! My cousin Boring_Tings  helped me write this one and the names of all my characters are from a book her and her friend wrote on the account heartrain31259 so check it out if you're interested it's a 5sos fanfic. Also if you enjoyed this chapter I strongly recommend checking out me and my cousin's youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiTY1L97-EU