Chapter 8 - Ellie Heeth

Ellie Heeth Goode High Swim Team Member

"A best friend." I started "Someone who you spray whip cream into your mouth with and doesn't judge you when your shirt's covered in it. A best friend, someone who lets you call them at 2:00 AM to contemplate the meaning of life with and they don't complain. And lastly a best friend is someone who you trust with your secrets and tell stuff to!" I yelled as I threw the school newspaper at Percy.

"What?" Percy said turning just as the paper slammed into his face.

"Why didn't you tell me!" I said as I marched over to him.

"What are you talking about?" He replied looking at me as if I was insane.

"That!" I pointed my finger at the newspaper he held in his hands.

Percy looked down at the newspaper as I started to say what was written on the page. "Percy Jackson and Jacob Brown DRAMA! Percy's mystery girlfriend sasses Jacob after his flirt failed."

"Oh that." Percy said as he looked up, a look of confusion still on his face.

"Why didn't you tell me you had a girlfriend P-man? We're bros, amigos, Bffs! You gotta tell me this stuff." I said elbowing him in that bro-y kind of way.

"Okay firstly never call me P-man again and Ellie we're not best-friends." He responded rubbing where I elbowed him.

"Awww don't be like that P.J we're just secret besties." I responded then ducked and looked around pretending as if I was  a ninja.

"Well if we're secret besties why haven't we ever talked on the phone at 2:00 AM?" Percy asked turning to me.

"Shhhhhhhh P-man that's not important right now." I said forcefully putting my finger on his lips. "The discussion at hand is about the fact that you have a girl friend and didn't tell me!"

Percy backed away from me (and my finger) before responding. "Must of slipped my mind Ellie. Oops anyways can I go now?" He replied not waiting for my response as he stepped around me.

"Aww is P'man embarrassed to talk about his girlfriend." I said resting resting my chin on my hands as I followed him down the hallway.

"Well considering I'm a teenage boy." Percy said then paused and stroked his chin as if he was thinking."Nope not embarrassed at all to have a girlfriend in fact I'm kinda proud of it." He replied quickening his pace as he walked.

"Well that's good YOU SHOULDN'T BE ASHAMED OF THE BUTTS YOU TOUCH" I announced saying the last part louder causing several people in the hall to turn and look at us. Percy turned to me a look of disgust on his face. I smiled and poked his nose before turning to everyone in the hall.

"Lessons to live by people. This is good free advice and I'm here every weekday till 3:00." I smiled winking to a student and shooting finger guns to another.

"Ugh." Percy groaned looking down in embarrassment clearly uncomfortable by the all the students looking at us.

"So you going to tell me about the boo?" I said repeatedly poking his back as we walked down the hallway. Percy turned to me a eyebrow raised in that why would I ever do that way as I continued to talk. "Come on P-diddy I need info!"

"Why do even care so much." He replied ignoring my strange choice of nickname.

"Because bestie your happiness is my happiness!" I said swinging my arm of his shoulder which was surprisingly difficult considering how much taller he is then me.

"Will you leave me alone if I do?" He replied keeping his eyes straightforward.

"It will become a possibility." I replied awkwardly putting my hand back to my side.

"Fine her name's Annabeth she's pretty, smart and-"

"Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa!" I interrupted Percy. "She's pretty and smart this is witchery! Humans can't be both that's totally unfair" I said shaking my head.

"Well she's not totally human." He muttered so quietly I hardly understood what he said.

"Wait what?" I asked as Percy pushed open the school doors and started walking towards his car.

"Sorry Ellie I got to go see you tomorrow." He said waving as he continued to walk.

"What no you can't leave me with a cliffhanger like that P-man! It's a violation of the bro code!" I yelled.

"Bye Ellie!" Percy said smiling to me as he entered his car.

"Wait a second tell me about your dragon girlfriend!" I screamed as he drove off.

Hello! Sooooo I'm sorry about not posting any chapters and I probably won't be posting a chapter next week either since I'm going to camp so ya I'm sorry again and I hope you enjoyed this chapter I had fun writing it! :) (I'm also sorry that this chapter is short)

Also if you enjoyed this chapter I strongly recommend checking out my youtube channel Ellie's humor is very similar to my own and I think you'll like it!  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiTY1L97-EU