Chapter 9: The City of Change, Larmont. | Alyia

Readers Discretion Advisory _  Strong Language ;> 

"Ready for what?"

"It's time for you to go." He grabbed my hand and walked me down the ramp, "You will be taking a trip to Lormont. It is a small beggars city, also known as the 'city of change'.  There you will be escorted to the immigration labs. "

"Wait what?" I asked, "So you are going to help me?"

"Why else would I have you ride in one of my most expensive carriages and have two of my agents be your aids?" He said, "I need you to keep up. There is another suit in the carriage for you too, in case the journey takes longer than expected."

"What carriage?"

He led me to a large white carriage, with a pulling horse in front of it.

This carriage and pulling horse were something similar to what I've read about in the books I collected while I lived on earth. The horses were similar to ours but with robotic and metal crafted parts. These robotic horses do not eat or drink but are charged by the electromatic fields that bounce around in this atmosphere. In large cities like Dreamscape, they also can feed off the electromagnetic fields that each building has to power its own circuits. So, at no point in time the horse is hungry or need rest. Most pulling horse can be programmed to go anywhere, and over a time each horse will have its own photographic map to follow with in themselves. And usually by the age of 15, there is little programming that one has to do because of the photographic memory feature. Large horses that are bred to pull heavy carriages usually have a lifespan of 30 - 40 years. And if well-kept and restored when damaged, it's lifespan can be extended to 55 years. These pulling horses are much like the cars that I have driven on earth, but they each have a personality. If they are of an expensive and high-quality program, they can learn tricks and other things, outside of being a traveling horse. They can sense danger and can be called by a pet name. With an expensive and high-quality program, a horses maximum pulling weight can be enhanced as well as it's galloping speeds. 

The horse huffed happily as two womanly agents of Ahriman walked over and petted it. Then I watched as the two lifted themselves inside of the large vehicle latched to the horse brace.

"Doctor Lucia is the doctor that will be helping with your procedure, within the immigration labs. She is the best in the country and can work miracles." Ahirman said to me, "If there are any problems, she and her team will notify Jobe or Pirro and from there, I'll be notified."

"What about the agents that I will be traveling with?" I said, " Won't they be able to contact you?"

"No." Ahirman said, " We have rules. Low level agents are not allowed to contact me directly. If there is a problem, they will contact Jobe or Cox, you see? It's not very difficult to understand, and I am sure you'll catch on to what's sociable respectable, yes?"