Chapter 5 : Twenty-One Days | Chris

(Two Women, One Love)

I thought I was doing the right thing by letting Alyia go. I didn't realize how thoughtless that was until she was gone. I didn't realize that in a moment of lost and despair I needed her. Being around her was truly an amazing experience- she was shy, reserved, mysterious even. After talking to her long enough, she had opened up to me. Explaining what troubled her most, explaining her interest, even the small incidents that happened in her day, and she'd talk about them to me. Without realizing it I had fell in love by being around her for so long. Yet, it took me years to say anything. It took me years to ever express those feelings to her. I suppressed them for a couple of reasons.

One of those reasons would be because I was in an off and on relationship with this girl, I met in grade 12, Monica.

I had planned to cut things between us

I had planned to cut things between us. Once high school ended, and I went off to college, but Monica  had other plans. After we broke up, she became a little obsessive over me. She applied to the same college I was accepted into. Although she had plan not to go to a college but to continue her modeling job, full time. She then would take it upon herself, to find me each day, to talk to me. I didn't want to be a bad guy, so I tried to be nice and speak to her. But she took advantage of that and started making advances on me. She became ridiculously flirty, and I couldn't help myself, this landed me in her bed. So, that situation went on for maybe two months into the first semester. But I started to feel really broken and useless after our 'fun' , so I had to quit. I had to quit falling into her trap, so I called her up and said we needed to talk.

I brought Monica everything she left in my dorm and told her that I was ending things. She cried her heart out to me. Telling me I was a 'liar', that I had promise to 'marry' her and start a 'life' with her. Which I did not say and had not said any of those things within the entire four years I'd known her. Those were the things she like to talk about, and I'd evade those conversations as much as possible.

I left Monica in that state of brokenness and went back to my dorm. A week later she begins talking to my friends. So, about a month in, she was getting invited to little gatherings that me and friend group would do. I found her wanting to stand closer to me during this event, sit closer to me, or she'd try to bump into me. I was seeing her more and more often now that she was doing this. It was uncomfortable and annoying.

Other than Nick, and Luke, my other friends noticed how Monica would try and force her way over to me. They would say that I should try to 'tap that'. But I told them 'No' and that 'Monica was my ex' and that I wanted no dealings with her. So, my friends stopped inviting her out so much. She comes to me maybe two weeks later wanting to argue and fight me because of this. I told her personally that I didn't want anything to do with her, but I also had no control with what my friends did and didn't do. Monica didn't hear a word I was saying at that point, so I had to come up with a way to keep her at a distance. So, I tell her that I was seeing someone. Which was a lie; I had planned to ask Alyia out at this point, but I knew having Monica around would make things really difficult. So, telling her I was in a relationship was my last resort.