Chapter 9.3: The City of Change, Larmont. | Alyia

The elevator came to a slow stop as we reach the 15th floor, Doctor Lucia floor. It dinged and the doors opened. Then we walked out and into the busy hallway; with doctors, nurses and other medical staff shuffling by us.

" Catilin, Ullemia, You two follow me, I'll take you to where you'll be staying." Then the male turned to me with a look of annoyance, " You'll be taken to your room shortly."

Ullemia looked my way with a worried smile.

"If they allow us, we will come visit you tonight." Catilin said, "But to say the least you'll be fine, this is one of the safest places, you can be. "

"Can they at least come with me to the patient room?" I asked the man, just as he was about to walk away.

The guy gave me a look filled with annoyance and dismal, then shook his head no.

"What is your problem?" I said to him, "Why can't you open your mouth and speak to me like you have spoken to them?"

"Alyia!" Catilin said with surprise, "Let him be!"

"No; he's had this ugly attitude this whole time, and it has been ruining my-"

" You superhumans are the scum that we Imphorians have to pry from the bottom of our shoes." He growled at me, "All you deserve is to be out there in those fields, working yourself to death. "

"What did you say?!"

"We are not doing this now!" Ullemia stepped in, "Sir you have a job to do, get on with it."

The male gave me a stare that could kill, just before ushering Catilin and Ullemia to their holding rooms on the next hall.

Once they were out of sight, I turned to see an Imphorian woman, waiting to speak with me. She was young, and she was skinny, blond hair and she held what looked to be a clip board and paper. She was only maybe a foot or so taller than me.

"Hello-" She waved and gave me a bright smile, "I'll be assisting Doctor Lucia today. I am nurse Jenni."

"Nice to meet you." I node my head, trying to forget the nonsense that male imphorian tried to provoke me with, "I am Alyia."

"Great! Your room is at the end of our hall. "She said to me just before she walked down the hall quickly, "We were ordered to leave our luxury patient stay open for you."

"And that means?" I said as I followed her.

"Well- to put it shortly, whoever is paying for this has a lot of gems to spare."

"Sure." I said, "Is gems, the currency of this city?"

"It is." She said, "Things are much too expensive for this country, yet alone this city, to have a currency any less than that. The closest amount of currency I can compare the gems to, on American terms, is a million American dollars."

"You know that I am superhuman and American?"

"Yes, your chart says so. And you're lucky, because our way of life is similar to the American life." She said as we reached the end of the hall. "As you can already tell our most used language here is English, so there is no language barrier."

"I have noticed." I said, "And about that chart, what will you do with it once this procedure is over."

"All information about our patience are not disclosed and that is under any circumstances." She said, as she stopped at a door, labeled suit 1546, "Regardless of the law or crime. We have to disclose and discard all previous information about our patience after the surgery is over with and their dues are paid."