Five

After a long day, some traveling and a few naps later I was now getting ready for the upcoming party. Lando invited me, he said that Carlos was going to be there aswell. I haven't seen Carlos since winter break, great. I was now in a worse mood than before, and I was NOT in a good mood.

Even after one race without Carlos,I can't help but feel something missing.Someone missing.I'm used to having his support and knowing he has my back.I miss the chemistry and synergy we had together, as well as our shared insights and perspectives. I feel like there's a hole that needs to be filled. No other teammate could do that, not even Seb or Pierre or Max or anyone. Not Diaz.

I am used to having a partner by my side for every race; I has developed a strong friendship and bond with Carlos. Now that my teammate has been replaced and I am going into this season by myself I feel a sense of loss and emptiness.
I sometimes reflects on the times spent with Carlos,the laughs and jokes we shared, and the intense moments of competition that bonded us together.Even after some arguments on and off the track he was still my best friend,yeah I still had Pierre and I was close aith other drivers aswell. It's not the same though.I find myself missing the companionship and support Carlos always provided.

I miss helping each other out to prepare for races and events.I miss the comfort and feeling of comradery that we shared and I wonder if I will ever find someone like that again, I just know that Diaz is not even 1% of Carlos and she'll never be.I'd much rather be the only driver in Ferrari.

I find myself breathing heavily with my hands on the sink, my muscles tightened. I was thinking too much, I was being overdramatic. Tais-toi Charles.

I scoffed at my own thoughts and then turned on the sink, washing my face with ice cold water to get ahold of myself. Pathetic.

I needed to wash these thoughts away, where did they even come from? The fact that Diaz went with Max and not with me? She's supposed to be my teammate, my fake girlfriend. She's not even trying. Maybe also the fact that I feel alone this season, for no reason.

I took off my clothes and hopped in the shower, ice cold water washing over my body. Washing off all the thoughts of before.

Getting out of the shower I look at the time, 6:35 p.m.
I'm gonna be late if I don't hurry up.

As I officialy start getting ready for the party, I start off by picking out my outfit. I was gonna go with a classic tux and tie but instead I chose something less formal,nice pants and a button-up shirt. My body looked good in it and it was something I usually wore to parties,It wasn't necessary for me to shave my face and trim any facial hair so I was almost good to go.

Then,I select my accessories.
I put on my shoes,jewelry,and a watch.I also put on a black jacket.Finally,I check myself in the mirror to make sure everything is fitting and looks good.It does,I look good except for my thoughts.I have no idea why I am acting like this, this isn't usual.It's because of that Diaz girl,she's the reason for everything bad.. starting with her mouth and that damn attitude to her driving and more.

6:55 p.m.
Pierre picked me up, we made it to the party and we were now making it to our reserved table across a crowd full of already drunk people. It wasn't a party, it was a new opened club for celebrities and rich people. That's better, I won't have to look at Diaz and her little friend anymore.

Walking into the club, we are met with an elegant and opulent atmosphere made up of rich accents of gold,silver and gemstones.A glitzy bar with a shiny marbled counter wraps around the walls,providing a view of the bustling crowd. A shiny,mirrored dance floor is set under a disco ball that hangs in the center of the room,as well as a lavish seating area,giving a place for diners and drinkers to relax. There are also several VIP rooms on the side, offering a more private and intimate space.I will not be needing that,I think.