Nine

Diaz is such an idiot, again with Max. Hugging Max in front of everyone. Alright, it's okay if she did it and then hugged me, but she didn't even hug me. What the fuck, I'm trying so hard to make it believable while she's trying so hard to ruin everything. Let people call her a hoe, she's trying so hard to get that name apparently. I officially do not care for her nor her reputation, the amount I cared before was 1%. Just because I am a human being with a heart.

"So, Charles how does it feel to have the first podium with your new teammate, or should I say girlfriend?" The reporter asks and I smile at her, scratching the back of my head.

"Well, you see it's really good. We keep it professional on the grid as you can see, but we love the fact that we have the same dreams and hopes." I nod slightly, smiling at the interviewer. I hoped that could save it.

Didn't I just say I didn't care about her reputation a few seconds ago?

I swear to God, these days all I need to do is wash my face every five seconds. What is happening with my thoughts? I wish I could take my brain out right now.

She believes my lie and continues with other questions,
"That's great, how do you feel about tommorow? Do you think that you could overtake Max and take the win?"

I chuckle at that.
"Yeah yeah, possibly. I mean anything could happen, the rookies could aswell - we have Ilma and Vic, both very talented." I stopped for a second before saying Vic which might have just ruined my lie from before.

The interview continues, the reporter asking only a few more questions since I had other reporters to talk to after her. I really wasn't in the mood for post qualifying interviews but I somehow made it through.

Everyone and everything was focused on Vic finishing P3, do they have to make it so special? Okay we get it, you're on the podium as a rookie you get your 10 minutes of fame and shut up. No, instead every interview with every driver has her name mentioned somewhere - multiple times even.

As I'm taking off my racing suit in the garage, trying to cool down as fast as I could I feel a hand on my shoulder. It startles me and I turn around almost immediately, my eyebrows were furrowed but when I saw who it was both my eyebrows and eyes softened up. I sighed.

"I thought you were some crazy fan." I mumble before taking off my racing suit completely and throwing it lightly onto the nearest chair.

It wasn't a crazy fan, it was just Pierre.

He smirked at me and took his hand off my shoulder.
"Party tonight? I'll bring Kika"

I look at him and think for a second.
"Mate, you do realize that you bringing Kika makes me not want to go even more?"

He chuckles before leaning in and saying the next in a low voice:
"Charlotte will be there."

I raise my eyebrows and chuckle, glancing down at my feet before looking around and then at him again.

"Maybe." I say softly, a small smirk curling up on my lips.

He smirks back.
"Come on, live a little, have fun Charlie"

I give him a death glare, chuckling softly right after.

"Fine." I raise my hands up in defeat and his smirk only gets wider.

"I'll pick you up bro" Pierre exclaims as he walks away.

I just nod at that, smiling to myself as I go into my driver's room. Live a little Charlie.

Currently I am walking in at the same club as last time yet I'm still looking around, this time we reserved a more private spot - a VIP room although we didn't close the curtains which still gave us a view to pretty much everything.