Eight

It was Saturday, qualifying day and I was currently with Ilma in some nearby grocery shop. We wanted to buy some snacks and gossip, we also needed to put on some weight before the race so it would help us.

We picked up some chips like doritos and such,she found some German snack isle and there they had the chilli chips that she loves, I picked up the same ones just a different flavour - it was chilli mixed with lime. I also took a bag of some random "chocolate chips",but it looked like chocolate cookies with a different type of chocolate as the chocolate pieces on them but in a different shape? It was weird,I still bought them just to try it out. She took a can of coca cola and a water bottle, so did I.

We then went back to my hotel room and laid down on our bed, opening the snacks and taking a bite of everything. Giggles filled in the room. I honestly had a love hate relationship with food, but when I was with Ilma I could eat whatever I could and still laugh about it and not feel bad. I knew she felt the same so in some way we were both healing eachother and our eating disorders. We don't really talk about it, we've only known eachother for a small time but we've both mentioned our relationship with food once or twice.

Ilma almost choked on a piece of chips, coughing before she bursts into laughter - turning her phone towards me so I could see what was so funny. It was a ship edit of Charles and me, someone recorded the clips of Charles almost choking that guy and also when he drove me back to my hotel. I put my tongue out and made a "ah" sound in disgust. Ilma just laughed more.

"Oh please, you probably like him secretly. Just a little bit!" Ilma says throughout her giggles, continuing to scroll through tiktoks as she takes another chip.

I raise an eyebrow before frowning them, making a disgusted face.
"Girl, you're dissapointing me right now." I sigh, she puts her phone down and chuckles at me before opening her can of coca cola and sipping on it.

"It's true. He's handsome though, you can't deny liking him a bit." She continues.

I roll my eyes, sitting up and then crossing my legs before taking a chip from my bag of chips.

"Like him? Yeah, right." I scoff, biting into my chip.
"I can barely hold back my puke when I look at him, please. Shut up, disrespectfully." I say before rolling my eyes playfully and then picking up my phone.

Ilma chuckles at that.
"Alright alright, fine Taylor." She giggles again.

"And anyways... no more Charles please, qualifying is in a few hours. I need to foooocus!" I say in an arrogant tone, stretching my arms as I say the last sentance.

Ilma rolls her eyes at me, packing up her snacks.
"And what? Talking about Charles or Charles in general makes you nervous?" She giggles again, she wanted to annoy me today and it was working.

I give her a death glare.
"If you don't shut up this instant I'll tell Lando you have a picture of his abs in your gallery. That YOU took the other day." I say in a harsh tone, putting on a huge fake smile. I was being serious with my treath, I'll do it if she doesn't stop annoying me with Ferrari's boy.

Her eyes widened a bit and she immediatelly nodded.
"Okay,okay,okay!" She says as she sits closer to me.
"I'll stop, sorry." She smiles softly, as if she wasn't torturing me seconds before.

"But seriously, the photo was an accident.." She mumbles as she looks down with a small smirk.

I raise an eyebrow and smirk at her.
"Oh yeah? Then why don't you delete it?" I chuckle.

She scrolls through her Instagram feed with a bigger smirk, not wanting to look up at me since she knew she would either be blushing red or will burst out in laughter.

"Well I w-" She starts before I snatch her phone and roll over the bed, falling on the floor which makes me groan but I chuckle immediately after.

"I'll delete it for you, don't worry!" I yell out as I stand up and run away - laughing the whole time.

"Nooooo!" She yells back as she chases me back, genuinely not wanting me to delete the photo yet still laughing.

That running around continues along the whole hotel for like 10 minutes, until we run into Charles and Lando. And when I mean run into I mean run INTO. I bumped into Lando, well like the left side of him, and I immediatelly felt two hands around my back. Two very different hands around my back. I looked up and saw Lando and Charles glancing at eachother before I back away. Ilma is just standing and staring at us, she was behind me and stopped in time before she could bump into them.

"Be more careful." Charles mumbles before he continues walking.

Lando glances at him before smiling reassuringly at me.
"You guys okay?" He chuckles as he looks at Ilma. She gives him a shy smile and he winks at her. I look at her and giggle at that.

"We're fine, thanks." I say with a small nod. He nods back and wishes us good luck for later. Ilma and I make our way back to our room, she takes her stuff before ubering back to her hotel so she could get ready. It's almost qualifying time and we got distracted.

Some time later, everyone was ready and lining up on the grid. I was so nervous but so excited, I hoped I'd do well in this race. Last one was really good despite it being my first Formula 1 race.

The lights are about to go green as the drivers rev up their engines. I am starting P8 which isn't bad, I just need to keep it that way or make it even better.

As the second qualifying race in the season starts I am feeling confident and determined to improve my performance from the first qualifying. I somehow make my way and drive through the middle, passing alot of drivers and going up for four places at the first turn. Max leads with Lando and Charles behind him.

Throughout the race, I am able to hold onto my position of P4 staying ahead of most of the drivers, keeping control of my car and staying focused. Lando loses control as Fernando tries to overtake both of us at a turn and they acidentally bump into eachother, causing Lando to go slightly off the track for a few seconds, and also giving me a bigger distance between Ferbando and I. I'm now in P3 while Lando is in P5 and Ilma is right behind him. In front of me are Charles and then Max, who is way ahead of us. I have no chance of overtaking either one of them so I'm just going to focus on keeping my position. And I do that very well, winning Ferrari a solid 2-3. I feel so good at this moment, as im passing the finish line and see the checkered flag waving. It's my second race and I am already on the podium, as a rookie, as a woman! I am representing every woman with passion for motorsport right now, I feel so proud of myself and I should right?

I should be proud. Everyone else should be proud aswell.

But why is Leclerc looking at me like I shouldn't be proud?

I bite the inside of my cheek and look away from him, awaiting to be handed my P3 trophy. I smile brightly at the crowd, I look at my team and they are all so happy - cheering us on. They look especially happy for me, which I'm grateful for. I hope I perform more and better to please them like I did right now. I glance at Charles, he still had that look on his face. You couldn't tell if it was because of Max or because of me, or because of both of us.

I shrug it off, ignoring him and everything else except the celebration. I get handed my P3 trophy and I hold it out in the air, showing it to everyone with a smile plastered on my lips - the smile growing bigger and bigger each second as the crowd cheers for me.

Charles gets handed the P2 trophy and he just raises it, slightly, in the air. An awkward, obviously forced, smile on his face.

If I could yell out a side eye I would right now, but unfortunately I can not yell out actions so I just side eye him. Trying not to scoff or chuckle at him. What is he acting depressed for? Czerwony idiota.

Max takes his P1 trophy and raises it high in the air, I smile at that. Well deserved, still dominating.

Then the celebrating starts, from spraying eachother with champagne to hugging eachother and hugging our team after.
Although I did NOT hug Leclerc, just Max. Imagine those photos being on the media?

Wait. I'm so dumb? We're supposed to be dating to the media.

I'm gonna be in trouble aren't I?