Chapter 3

Krissy looked at me with a smirk as I got in the car. " What ? " I said as adjusted my skirt. "so what's all of this huh " she said with the same smirk on her face but now her arms were folded.
" what do you mean ? " I said while trying to play dumb . "You... him... this . What happened? Or what went on ? " She said . " Oh. Nothing , he just wanted to invite us to his show in Vegas tomorrow . " I said . " Wait he invited us to something AGAIN?! "
" haha yeah . he's gonna fly us over there tomorrow morning " . I said
" This is weird as hell . Like why would J.Cole invite us to two of his events personally " Krissy said with a confused look on her face .
" He's just doing something nice . He's a really nice guy . " I said
" Jhené . He's into you like it's clearly obvious . Him saying he spotted you in the crowd at the concert , then inviting us to his party , then taking you back to his hotel , and now this . yeah he into yo ass mhmmm " she raised her eyebrows up and down .
" stopppp " I said while trying not to blush . " You're into him too aren't you" She sat up in her seat
" no . im not. just drive the damn car " I said while laughing . " whatever you say jhene " She said while looking at me out the corner of her eye

"Don't forget , Be up early tomorrow !"
I yelled at her car as she drove off .
I took my key out my purse then I unlocked the front door .I kicked my shoes off and plopped on the couch . I let out a deep sigh. " what a day "
I ended up falling asleep until I felt my phone buzz
J: [ I didn't forget to text you did I ? ]
I squinted at the phone to see if I realized the number.
me : [ who's this .. ]
J : [ It's cole lol ]
me : [ you do realize it's 4:27 in the morning.. ]
J : [ yeah . you did tell me to text you when I was ready ready ]
me : [ you're ready already ? I barely slept 😭 ]
J : [ you can sleep on the ride ]
me : [ 😩😩😩 ]
J : [ send me your address im omw]
I sent him my address then I jumped off the couch and went upstairs . I dialed Krissy's number on the way up
I went in my room and opened my closet browsing for what I was going to wear while I waited for krissy to answer. " really jhené . what ? " she said while half sleep.
" Jermaine said he's on his way over , I didn't know he would be ready this early " I said while still scrambling through my closet. " I have to work this whole day , they put me in overtime and everything I didn't realize it until I seen today's date on my phone when you called me " she said. " so you can't come ? " I said as I stood up. " I don't think so né .. but go , have fun and tell Cole I said hi and sorry I couldn't make it ". I sighed " okay kris " I hung up the phone. I pulled out a fitted crop top and a pair of boyfriend jeans . I didn't want to dress too fancy. I pushed all my curly hair to one side of my face then I put on some mascara. As soon as I finished putting on my clothes I got a phone call from Jermaine.
" hello ? jhené? you ready cus we outside "
" yeah I'm ready , im coming out now "
I grabbed my purse and slipped my shoes on.
" we're in the black truck across the street "
I looked around then I seen it. I hung up the phone as I walked towards the car.The driver came out and opened the door for me.
" thank you " I said as I got in.
He smiled and nodded.
"What's up ma, you look beautiful "
jermaine said while looking me up and down.
" thanks " i said " where's your friend? she not coming ?" he said. " no.. she had to work but she said sorry she couldn't make it , she really wanted to come "
" aw dang . it's all good though , work comes first .. always "
" yep . " I said while leaning back in my seat. "so speaking of work , what do you do ? " j said
" I work at a vegan café downtown. just something to keep me on my feet "
" ah , that's good that's good " he said while rubbing his chin.
" Ight so here's the plan , when we get to the airport it's gonna be hella people their like paparazzi and shit , they love to just hang out at the airport and stay in people business but here put this on and just follow me and my team it should be good " he handed me a black hoodie as he put his on too .
" damn they that crazy ? " I asked while pulling the hoodie over my head .
" I mean like it depends but I just always wear hoodies so I can put the hood on it's not that noticeable to see who I am "
" Mr. Cole are you ready ? We are here sir " the driver said as he interrupted our conversation.
" yeah we ready . " he said
I put my hood on as J put his hood on.
The driver came to open the door. It was a big dude standing beside the truck. " this my bodyguard rob . he's gonna fly with us . " I nodded.
We walked into the airport and it was paparazzi standing on the side.
They squinted to see who we were but they didn't really make a huge scene , they just started snapping pictures.
We finally made it to the plane without getting stopped or noticed. Rob escorted us to our seats. " my seat is right infront of yall okay J ? " Rob said
" yeah alright. " Jermaine said as he sat down in his seat.
He looked at me then smiled. " You okay ma ? "
" yeah I'm fine . " I smiled back
" I don't always fly , we usually just drive the bus but I didn't want to put you on the bus . Plus the flight is only 40 minutes so yeah it's not bad at all . " he said. " we could've road the tour bus , I never been in one it would've been cool " I said " forreal ? alright next time we'll ride in it .. just for you "
"next time ? " I thought in my head.
" Damn what's taking them so long for take off ? " I said to jermaine. He had his eyes closed while mumbling something. I tapped him on the shoulder. " huh ? " he said as he looked over at me. " do they take this long before taking off all the time " I asked him. " Yeah but never this long . They probably just making sure everything is in check and stuff . Just lay back and take a quick nap we'll be there soon " he said as he closed his eyes again.
" Good morning ladies and Gentlemen Welcome aboard on flight 423 to Las Vegas , Nevada . We are sorry for the delay in our departure. Please fasten your seatbelts and refrain from using any cellphones or any form of technology at this moment . Thank you and enjoy your flight " I looked over at J who was putting his phone on airplane mode so I did the same.
I leaned my chair back and closed my eyes. In an instant I was sleep.
I woke up to a nudge at my waist.
" jhene. jhene . jheneeeeee " I woke up to see j all in my face.
" huh ? " I rubbed my eyes then I looked out the window. " we're here already ? " I said as i stretched . " yeah I told you it would be a quick flight " he laughed. Rob stood up signaled for us to come on. J nodded and started following him. We walked out into the airport. Rob guided us to where the car was parked waiting for us. The driver got out of the truck and opened the door for us as we got in the car. " I'm going straight to the arena , correct Mr.Cole ? " The driver said as he started the car. " yes sir " .
I put my seatbelt on and took out my phone. " Once we get there im gonna go straight to my dressing room to get ready. And while I'm performing and everything I told my crew to make sure you good . like they're gonna give you something if you need it . water , a drink , some snacks , all that stuff . After the concert we can chill , go out to eat or do something you like. No parties or nothing crazy for me tonight" he chuckled. " sounds good " I said
" im up for whatever "
We pulled up to the arena and J hoped out the car for me before me. A guy in a black shirt stood at the door.
"your on in 10 " He said as he opened the door for us. Cole nodded as he went into the dressing room. I stood outside of the dressing room waiting for him to get done, then the door opened.
" cmon. " he said , motioning for me to come in his dressing room. I walked into the dresser room and he closed the door behind us. Their was a rack of clothes behind us. He took his shirt off then turned around. " how does this look? " he said as he held a shirt up to his chest. " it looks nice " I said while trying to keep my focus on the shirt.
" you sure ? " he asked . I nodded my head. " alright " He pulled the shirt over his head then he unzipped his pants ; slowly pulling them down , showing his print through his tommy boxers. I watched him take his sweats off and put on his pair of jeans he was wearing tonight. He looked up at me , then I put my head down , pretending I was on my phone the whole time. He chuckled then shook his head. He put on his silver chain then he looked in the mirror.
" Cole, you're on in three " Someone yelled at the door. "ight , im ready " He opened the door and I followed behind him. The sound man put in Cole's earpieces and handed him his mic. After a minute of just standing there, The music started playing as Cole made his entrance. " Got me up all night, all I'm singing is love songs
She got me up all night, constant drinking and love songs.. " he sung as he walked across the stage
"She got me up all night, down and out with these love songs
She got me up all night, drown it out with these love songs.."
The crowd went crazy as Cole performed. The way he connected with his fans while he was on the stage was touching. I sat behind stage and watched him ..how he licked his lips as he worded his rhymes , how he would lift up his shirt to wipe sweat that dripped off his forehead, how he would make girls in the crowd go crazy as he walked passed them.