Chapter 8

Jermaine POV

"Jhené just pee on the stick " I said while handing her the pregnancy test for the 5th time

" no " she said while pushing it away
I shook my head then took the pregnancy test out of the box and handed it to her .
" take . the . test "  I said
She snatched it from me and rolled her eyes.
I had to bite my tongue so I wouldn't say nothing smart to her.

" well don't stand there . turn around "
She said while positioning herself to pee.
" Jhené I've seen every aspect of your body. Me watching you pee on a damn pregnancy test isn't gonna phase me "

She sighed as she finally took the test.
" Now what do we do ? " She said.
" well we have to wait first "

" I don't want to do this " she said while pouting.
" we doing it though . you have no choice " I said

I stepped out the bathroom and sat on the edge of my bed .  I laid my head in my hands as I felt my body tremble . I don't know if I could handle being a father . As tough as I may seem , fatherhood ain't no joke ...
I sat there for a while listening to my thoughts and letting time pass by as I waited for the results to show up.

" J.. "  jhené mumbled from the bathroom.
I got up to see if everything was alright .

" yeah? what does it say ? " I said while trying to keep my cool.

" I don't know . You read it " she handed me the test.
" you haven't looked at it yet ? " I asked her
She shook her head no.

" let's look together okay? "  I wrapped one hand around her waist and I pulled her between my legs. In my other hand I held the test and we both looked at it at the same time .
She took the test out of my hand.
She let out a deep sigh then turned around and looked at me.
" What are we going to do ? "
" For now just relax .. I mean like we don't even know if it's official so let's set up an appointment and all that " I said

" Jermaine, my period was suppose to start 6 days ago. Plus this morning I threw up but I just thought it was from something I ate . This is pretty official. " she said

" Damn Jhené why didn't you tell me none of this shit happened?? " I said while still trying to remain calm.

" Because I thought it was all normal but I guess I was wrong . "

" Your period being nearly a week late isn't normal . " I tried explaining to her

" Well duh i thought it was just going to eventually come . it does happen like that sometimes " she said

" Just go lay down and like try to relax . I'm going to make you some tea. I don't need you stressing if you're really caring my child "

She walked into the bedroom and climbed into the bed. I propped the pillows up for her and fixed the blankets , making sure she was comfortable.

As I walked into the kitchen, I kept thinking how my life would change if we both brought a new life in this world together. It could be could or bad but regardless I know I need to be there for her . I know she's just as scared as me . Especially with her having to carry the baby.

I shook my head as I tried to loose my thoughts. I grabbed a mug from the cabinet and filled it with Chai Tea, her favorite. I walked back to the room finding her already fast asleep . Not surprised at all. I kicked my shoes off and pulled my shirt over my head . I slid beside her as I pulled the blanket over both of us. She moved around until she was eventually laying on my chest.
" Baby girl, I can't imagine what it's like for you.. I got you pregnant, now inside there is a life in you "  I mumbled as I gently rubbed her.
" if you have my first child, would I spend my whole life with you? I just want what's best for the both of us. Even if that means giving up something. "