Chapter 6

Jhene pov

I woke up to the sound of jermaine's phone buzzing. I sighed as I looked over at j who was fast asleep. Without waking him up , I crawled over him and picked his phone up off the nightstand. I squinted at the screen to see who was calling him all night.  On the screen read :
" (12) missed calls : India " . I scratched my head and raised my eyebrow as I read it again . " India.." I mumbled to myself . I looked down at jermaine who was still laying there knocked out. I took his phone and stepped out of the room. Swiped my finger to the right on the "return missed calls button ". Leaning against the wall , I impatiently waited for her to pick up the phone.
" Seriously jermaine! seriously ?  I've been calling you all night so you really have the audacity to ignore me ? the fuck is going on ? Huh ?! "  She went on as I listened .
" I would like for you to stop calling him. I don't know who you are , what yall once had , what yall been through .. but it's done . Okay ?" I said.  India chucked  " And who are you ? Must be his new bitch huh? Yall ain't gon last. Nope " she laughed
Before I could respond I heard jermaine get out of the bed. He opened the door and peeped around the corner.
" What's going on ? " he said while rubbing his eyes.
" Here " I put the phone to his ear.
" hello... " he said into the phone
I stood with my hand on my hip waiting for him to tell her what's up.
He shook his head then hung the phone up then stuck it in his pocket.
I followed him back into the room.
" what was that all about ? " I said as I stood in front of him.
" whatchu mean ? it's was nothing . it's not like i wanted her to keep calling me " he said as he pulled his shirt over his head.
" well you could've atleast told her that you're in a relationship now and to leave you the fuck alone " I said
He laughed and shook his head " Ok jhené " he sat on the bed and slipped his shoes on.
" I gotta go .. but um I'll hit you later "
I raised an eyebrow. " so that's it "
" jhene.. what would you like me to say huh ? "
"You can apologize to me first , then you can work on getting your little 'groupies' in check." He stood in front of me and cupped my face.
" I'm sorry . ok . "  He pecked my lips.
" And I'll work on her , she'll be gone " he said.
" mhmm " I followed him as he walked towards the front door.
" you good now ? " he said
" I guess " I said back.
" ight.  I'll see you later ma " he said as he hugged me and graced his hands down to my ass.
" bye "

I watched him hop into his truck that was waiting outside then I went back into the house. 
" time for work " i mumbled to myself as I sighed.

Jermaine POV

I pulled up to the studio to finish working on what we started yesterday.
" so have you decided what artist you would to do a collaboration with yet mr. Cole ? " my manger asked me as we sat around a table in the conference room.
" Nah . I'm just gonna focus on my part of this but when I'm done I'll let y'all know "
" Now Jermaine .. we need to release something soon you know . You haven't put anything out since the album "
" I know I know " I said while scratching my head.
" And I am as soon as I get some stuff situated, ight "
I got up from my seat and walked towards the window . I took a pre rolled blunt of out my pocket and put it between my lips .
" this single right here , it has to be something true , something deep. something that will impact and inspire people you know. just like a personal diary entry from the story of my life or something. I wanna get personal with this one here " I said as I lit my blunt then sat back down
" Yeah .. imma work on this . "
" it's gonna be done by the end of the month with a little hard work and dedication. " I chuckled

Jhené POV

I scrolled through my Twitter timeline as I wasted the last few minutes of my break .
" Jhené , break is over " My boss said as she walked past the booth I was sitting in.
I sighed as I click the lock screen on my phone . 
I walked to the counter and started to clean up after the lunch hour rush.
I stopped in the middle of my tracks as I felt my phone continuously vibrate in my pants pocket.
It was my mom . I stared at the caller ID for a second then I finally answered .
" Mama?.. " I said while leaning against the wall
" Jhené, oh my baby Jhené .. After work can you please stop by to see us , we have some news to tell you. "
" news ? " I said while scratching my head
" yes - " she said with a sob in her voice
" mama .. what's wrong ? is everything good ? " I asked , trying not to panic
" Jhené just make sure to see us after work , okay ? " she said while trying to fix her voice
" no mama . what's wrong tell me now . "
" i can't - " she said .
" yes you can . please tell me now . I'm worried" I said .
" Miyagi . He's been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer . and .. and and the doctors said he doesn't have long " she said while sobbing over the phone
Instantly I felt my body get numb .
It felt like someone just came and literally punched my soul out of my body.
I couldn't move . I couldn't talk.
I just stood there in shock trying to comprehend the words she just spoke to me .
" no. no it can't be " I said trying to hold back my tears .
" Jhené it will all be fine baby . we just have to pray for his wellness . he's gonna be healed ."
I didn't say anything. I just hung up the phone and sat there . still ...
I felt the presence of someone standing over my shoulders then I felt someone touch me .
" Hey ... you straight ? " One of my co workers said as he crouched down in front of me.
" Hey , hey  . stop crying . you're too pretty for that . " He said while trying to cheer me up .
I cracked a smile in the midst of my tears .
" see ! that's what I wanna see . " he handed me a napkin out of his apron. I took it out his hands and slowly wiped the tears off my face.
" now is everything okay ? miss.. um jean " he said as he tried to read my name off my name tag.
I made a face as he tried to pronounce my name.
" what ? is that not how you pronounce it ? " he said while laughing .
" no . it's juh nay " I said , while trying to put emphasis on each syllable.
" Ah . well sorry about that , Jhené "
" now would you like to tell me why you were crying now ? " he said
" actually I'd rather not talk about it if you don't mind . but thank you for asking " I said
" yeah no problem. and if you ever need anything, I'm here " he said as he stood up
He reached out his hand and helped me up.
" but seriously, im here , okay ? if you ever need anything "

* Hey guys sorry for the short chapter . I plan on updating weekly now . Please continue to vote and comment so I know you guys are still interested in more , thank you ! *