Chapter 7

Jermaine POV

" nah man I can't today . I'm going with Jhené to visit her brother in the hospital . "
" no talking while driving " Jhené mumbled to me.
" I got to go but um I'll hit you up when I'm free thought ight? " I said into the phone before I hung up.
I slid my phone into my pocket as we pulled into the garage of the hospital.
" I really hate being here . " Jhené said as I parked the car .
" why ? Don't you wanna check up on your brother" I said as I took my seatbelt off.
" of course I do . but I hate seeing him in this condition. I hate hospitals in general , it's nothing positive about them . " she said
" yeah .. I feel you on that . but for now let's go check on him okay ? "
She nodded her head then took her seat belt off . I followed her into the hospital and up to her brother's room. Once we approached his room she slowly peeped her head in the room seeing if it was okay to walk in.
" cmon , everything's good " I heard her mom mumble.
Jhené grabbed my hand and walked into the room. I stood there as she greeted her mom with a kiss on the cheek.
" he's sleeping now , he just had some meds. " her mom said.
" okay " she said as she walked to Miyagi's bedside . She gripped his hand tightly then whispered in his ear ; " I love you , my superman .. my hero . " She stood there for a while leaning on his bed, clinching tightly on his hand . She eventually got up and as she walked off , I could see the sadness in her eyes.
I got in front of her and embraced her in my arms . " It's okay baby .. it's all okay " I kissed her forehead and pushed her curly hair behind her ears as I wiped her face with my sleeve .
" aiko. " her mom said as she came up to jhené.
" no tears , we have to be brave for him. "
" I am . " she said as she stopped sobbing .
Her mom smiled . " good . that's what we need"
" and look aiko, you don't have to come down here everyday , I know how busy you get with work . You can always just call on days when you're a little busy"
" no mama I'm gonna make my way down here every chance I get . I have to. No matter what "
" Ok I can't argue with you on that . Just make sure you get your rest and everything ok my child . " she said as she rubbed jhené on the back.
As we walked towards the door , jhené's mom stopped me . " thank you for taking care of my baby. thank you for keeping her happy"
" you're more than welcome " I smiled.

" so what's next ? " I said as we got in the car
" you can take me home I guess . " she said as she leaned her head against the window
" nah you're coming over my place ."
" no jermaine, it's fine . i just wanna get some rest . "
" Well good . we can rest together at my place."
" fine " she said

I took the long way home , and by the time we finally got home , jhené was already knocked out . I shook my head and laughed as I looked over at her . I slowly took her out of the car and carried her into the house .
She yawned as I laid her on my bed .
" are you hungry ? im hungry . " I asked her as I sat on the bed
" kinda. what do you want to eat ? " she said while rubbing her eyes
" You know what I want to eat " I said while laughing .
" hmmm " Jhené said as she sat up in the bed
" but out of all seriousness I'm hungry "
I got off the bed and walked to the kitchen .
Jhené reached into the freezer and got a carton of ice cream.
She sat on the counter and dug her spoon into the carton.
" mmmm " she mumbled to herself as she ate the ice cream
" babe that's enough ice cream you're gonna get sick " I took the spoon out of her hand
" no no noo " she said as she tried to snatch the spoon back from me
" nope you're not getting it back  "
" stop playing " she said while trying to take the spoon
" nah"  I said as I put the spoon behind my back.
She hopped off the countertop and stood in front of me.
" are you still hungry?" she said with a slight smirk on her face .
" depends on what im about to eat . "
She laughed as she wrapped her arms around my body.
" don't play ". she said while looking up at me.
" no games here " I said as I slowly kissed her

I clinched onto her body as our lips met continuously. I held her hand and guided her to the couch. She pulled my shirt over my head with a mesmerizing look in her eyes.
Wrapping her arms around me, I could feel my man getting harder by the second. As soon as I was about to put it in , she grabbed me then sat up.

" Baby .. again ? " I said as I fixed my clothes.
" No , no . Not that . I don't feel good " she said as she covered her mouth with her hand.
" I told you. All that damn icecream " I said as I sat on the couch beside her.
She shook her head no.
" Well what is it then ? " I said
before she could answer, she got up and ran to the bathroom.
I followed right behind her , zipping my pants up on the way.
She ran into the bathroom and slammed the door behind her. I could hear her throwing up on the other side of the door.

I twisted the door knob to get in but the door was locked .
" Jhené open the door.." I said with my ear pressed against the door as she groaned and continued throwing up.
I twisted the door knob continuously until she came to the door.
" Jhené. What's wrong . I can't help if you don't say anything to me baby"
I heard the sound of the toilet flush, then the door opened.
She stood there and just looked at me.
" I think .. I think I'm pregnant " she said
" huh ? " I said while scratching my head.
" I said i think - "
" nah I heard what you said . are you trying to tell me you're carrying another man's child AND sleeping with me ??" I said while trying not to raise my voice at her.

" First lets get this straight. I'm not 'sleeping' with you I'm in a relationship with you. there's a difference. Second, you're the only guy I've been with in the longest. so I'm saying WE could be pregnant.." she said

I wiped my face with my hand then I sat on the
counter. "Jhené when is the last time you had sex with someone other than me. " I asked her

" Are you serious ? I just said I haven't been with anyone but you Jermaine. I haven't had sex in over a year" she said

" wait so you're telling me you haven't had no type of sex in a whole damn year ? how the hell.. "

" I was tired of wasting my time with pathetic niggas so I started focusing on myself. Then I found you. "

" shit ... " I said while trying to get my thoughts together

" we have to get you tested like Asap " I hopped off the counter and slipped my coat and shoes on.

" I'm going to buy a test. I'll be back "