Part 8: Recollection

Blade threw the knife at Hawk, and it hit him pretty deep in his arm. He held onto it for a bit to make sure he didn't lose it, but he did tumble forward, knocking into Blade like a bowling ball to a bowling pin. Blade grabbed the handle of the knife and pulled it out of the arm. Hawk's arm leaked oil pretty quickly. Luckily, Hawk does some quick thinking and wraps bandages around the arm, letting it heal for a bit as he uses the large size of the room to his advantage, flying into the air and raining bullets from above, only barely hitting Blade. Blade puts the newly gained powers to good use, chuckling slightly as he realized his power. A heart with a knife in it starts to flicker onto Blade's screen, taking over one of his eyes. The knife in his hand starts to float on its own and multiply. Hawk looked at this, and saw how far the effects have come. His eyes widened at the monster that he created, and was destined to kill. Knives whizzed by Hawk as he dived down to take down Blade. A few knives clanked off of him, but a few stabbed into the wings, making them open up, slowing his descent.

"Why? Why are you doing this?!" Hawk yelled down to Blade, as he dodged the knives.

"I'm only doing this for N, and you aren't gonna stop me! He was the only one who cared for me that fateful day, and now he's shunned me out of his life!" Blade still launched knives at Hawk, pinning him to the ceiling by the wings. N finally finishes recovering, and his head jerks up at Blade.

"Wait. You were the drone that walked up to the pod that one day? The one that hugged me?" N realized, and his guilt was immeasurable. He felt really bad, and felt like crying. Blade dropped all the knives, and thus dropped Hawk to the floor.

"You.. you remember that?" Blade walked up to N, feeling a lot of regret. The symbol in his eye flickering out, and the behavior changing to show his regret. He fell silent. He walked up to N and hugged him, like he did all that time ago, crying into his shoulder. "You really are too good for this universe. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Please. Please forgive me." His crying got louder as he begged for N's forgiveness. N finally comforted Blade, making Blade cry even harder than before. Blade looked up to N, tears swelling his eyes. He sniffled a bit. "Thank you so much." N let Blade cry into his shoulder.

"But what about Uzi? What about V?" N asked Blade. This statement made Blade cry even more. He knew what he did, and N did as well. N felt an urge to strangle Blade like he did. However, he planned to go all the way. He grabbed Blade's neck, and squeezed it hard, causing Blade to choke up a bit. Hawk looked in horror, and sliced open N's arm, causing a similar gash to what V gave him. He grabbed his arm, and bandaged it up, using the same roll from before the cabin became Elliot Manor. Blade looked at N distraught. He knew what he did was wrong, but still couldn't accept that he had that happen to him. N started to cry. He finally stood up.

"Blade, I don't think you know how much V meant to me. She was the only one who shared the same chemistry that I did. And Uzi was great too, but I wanted things to be how they were in the manor, not just with another drone. And now you have taken that from me. I don't even know what to do anymore. I have lost so much of myself that now leads to me being lost, and scared. And here you are taking the only good things in my life from me." N started to tear up. "And from someone that wanted to be your friend, I don't know how to feel about that. I just hope you can understand where I'm coming from, because I still want to be friends with you, but I can't help but see V and Uzi's death in your eyes. So, I hope you understand why I don't wanna be friends anymore. No more letters, and no more talking with you." N started to cry as he stormed out of the room and back into the hallway. Blade looked back to Hawk.

"Oh, I fucked up, didn't I?" Blade was sad. He sat down in the middle of the floor, and imagined the ballroom being filled with people, with Hawk and Blade in the center. Hawk tapped Blade's shoulder.