Chapter seven: horny mistakes

That night we celebrated. We drank Kjartans wine and then raided his treasury. We could practically swim in the gold, silver and gemstones. Uthred gave me a sack of fat gold lumps with stones inside in any colour of the rainbow. I choose a beautiful pink stone to be set in the hilt of my sword. My father added it the following night. But for now we celebrated. I kept on drinking ale. I was entirely happy. One of Ragnars men had found an old instrument and another was singing. Even though it sounded terrible I still danced. Spinning wildly with my braid hitting any man standing to close in the face. I didn't care. Eventually Finan asked me to dance yet the dancing only got wilder. He spun me around like a princess but slowly the ale was staring to affect me that my head started to tumble and my balance slowly declined. But I wouldn't stop dancing until dawn. I felt a pair of eyes on me. It was Sihtric who glanced at me with more hate than ever. He was angry for what I've done to his father but I could honestly not care any less. Finan spun me and held me close and with every sip of ale I leaned closer to him. In this hall where once the worst thing ever happened to me I leaned closer to him staring at his lips wanting to kiss him so badly. I've only been kissed once against my will by Sihtric but this time I wanted it. Suddenly Ragnar struck up a conversation with Finan about his homeland that he apologised to me when he left me. I was sulking down my ale until my cup was empty. I went to refill it but stumbled against the barrel that it took several tries to fill the cup. Suddenly a pair of strong hands cupped my waist steadying me. I turned around leaning into Finans touch and savouring his warmth in the already sticky hot hall. My hand creeped up his chest to cup his neck. Only then did I realise that it was Sihtric and not Finan. Good God I was too drunk for my own good. I stumbled back a step in horror. I immediately became a little sober again.

"You've had enough to drink" He said harshly as he tore the cup from my hands. I sulked and pushed at his chest before trying to regain my cup. "You're behaving like a child Kendra" He hissed as he grabbed my wrist. His eyes searched the room to make sure no one was watching before he pulled me out of the hall angrily. The outside was cold and harsh that I immediately pushed at him to get back into the hall. He grabbed my wrists again and tried to wrestle me with an agitated glittering in his dark eyes. I harshly pulled my hands from him and pushed him against the hall harsher than intended.

"I'm not sorry that I took revenge on your daddy. If it wouldn't have been for the crowd I would've fucked him in the ass with a sword bend over the same table as he did with me" I yelled at him with zero volume control that the surrounding men looked at us with concern in their eyes. I didn't give a shit. Sihtric suddenly grabbed my wrists and turned us that I was the one against the hall. I listened to my heart expecting that helpless frightfulness that I had felt all those years ago but my heart was quiet. There was heat stirring much lower in my belly when he had taken control. With concern I realised that I was turned on. By Sihtric. I was disgusted until his velvet-smooth voice spoke again.

"Kendra I know this is a lot but you're behaving immaturely. If you drink to forget I understand but you should just get yourself to bed" He said calmly and very maturely. I hated him for it. Yet I hesitantly nodded. It was for the better. He moved for me to step towards where my small chamber was not far from the hall. We got small chambers to sleep in which previously belonged to guards and such. Dunholm was after all a huge fortress. Yet when I walked I stumbled and I would've face planted into the mud if Sihtric wouldn't have caught me. Then he lifted me off my feet which caused my head and stomach to spin. He carried me to the chamber that I had previously chosen. He knew because his was across from me. It was just a barren room with a bed to sleep in but it had a key for safety. Sihtric kicked the door shut with a groan before laying me in the bed but I gripped at his neck and crashed our lips together. I did not know why I did it but I felt rightful in the moment. I was strung tight with lust burning inside me that only he could relief the aching in my core. It was the alcohol for sure.  When our lips met I felt the exact moment when his resolve, his stubborn nature, his hate for me crumbled and died. He kissed me back with the same hunger, the same aching. There was no space left between us. I felt every inch of him against my body and it felt so delicious that, in a drunk fit of confidence, I opened my legs wider to welcome him in. Then suddenly he broke the kiss.