Part 9

"Is Kara here?" The man asks a little confused as he's never seen you before. "Who's asking?" You ask sceptically.

"Oh, I- um. I-i'm Kara's friend, " he says nervously. "Winn," he adds slowly. "Oh, got it. Yeah, she's talked about you before." You say.

"Yeah, I wanted to s-surprise her," he stutters. Kara wondered what took so long and went to see. "Alright, come in," you say just as Kara sees him.

"Oh my god. Winn. You're back, " she says excitedly as she pulls him in for a tight hug. "Come join us," she adds. "Okay," Winn answers.

You weren't exactly sure if he was nervous because he was seeing Kara or because he didn't know who you were, but it for sure seems like they have some history.

Kara always described him as her best friend, but it seems that he might feel more towards her than a friend would, or at least felt more in the past.

Looks like it all turned out well that there was an extra plate set up for your supposed girlfriend. You sit back down next to Alex as everyone greets their old friend.

Originally you had sat beside Alex and there was a free seat left on the other side as Kara sat closer to her mother, now leaving Winn in the empty seat between you and Kara, which you didn't mind.

As per tradition, everyone around the table took turns to say what they are thankful for, starting at the top of the table with Eliza.

It was your turn. "I am thankful for a great many things." You start. "I am thankful for you all here today, my family and friends. I am thankful for my girlfriend-" you say as you look at Alex and she smiles at you, causing a few gasps around the room, but no one dared interrupt your speech.

You knew it was the perfect time to reveal your relationship as nobody would interrupt until everyone had finished their speech.

You continue, "Who supports me and makes me stronger. I am thankful for my one and only pet, fluffy. He is literally the cutest little thing ever. Finally, I am thankful for all the men and women who have served the country with me, the ones that had my back, and treated me like family." You finish, remembering the good times and even the bad times during your years of service in the military.

It seems so long ago that you were still on duty, yet it has only been a couple of months. Everyone else continues with their speeches as everyone listens politely.

Finally everyone is done, "let's eat" Kara says and everyone starts plating food as conversations start flowing.

You rest your hand on Alex's thigh as you start eating the food. She smiles and puts her free hand on top of yours, gently stroking the back of your hand with her thumb.

"What?" Alex asks quizzically as she sees Jonn glancing your way before smiling widely. "Nothing," he smiles. "It's just great to see you so happy," he adds.

"You're going soft on me," Alex teases as she pushes his shoulder playfully. Honestly you loved how close they all were. They were all family.

You haven't been around anywhere near as long as most of them, but they made you feel at home. They treated you like they treated each other from the very moment you met, like family.

You smiled at the sight. You never really had a functional caring family growing up so it was nice to see everyone here getting along so well and to be accepted so easily into their family.

Becoming friends with all of these amazing people also helped you to strengthen your relationship with Lena. You were never particularly close growing up, but now you act like real siblings should.

The night was going great. Everyone enjoyed the food and the company. "Ooh, I almost forgot," Kara says suddenly. "Y/n brought dessert," she adds.

Most people glanced your way and you felt a little uncomfortable. You didn't think Kara would announce it like that. What if it's bad you thought, and now everyone knows.

"I'll go get it," Kara says as their eyes avert back to her, which you were thankful for. It was weird having like 8 people look at you at the same time.

She cuts up the cheesecake into 10 even slices, one for each guest and distributes it around the table.

Everyone starts eating and you look down at your plate as you eat, getting lost in thought. You didn't particularly want to see their reactions.

You couldn't even hear as people complimented your cheesecake as you were thinking about something else. "Huh?" You mumbled as Alex elbowed your side lightly to get your attention.

"We said it's great," Eliza says as you look at them. "Oh, thank you," you say with a smile, happy that they liked it.

You look away a little embarrassed, catching Alex's eyes as she smiles at you reassuringly and you nod your head slightly.

For the rest of the night you all play board games, accompanied by some drinks. It was nice to be able to spend some quality time with everyone.

---

It was getting late and people were starting to leave. Surprisingly no one really mentioned anything about you and Alex revealing your relationship, which was surprisingly relieving. You were happy not to have those awkward conversations.

It was now just you, Alex, Lena, Kara, and Eliza left in the apartment as Winn said his goodbyes. Eliza was going to stay in Karas' spare room and excused herself to go to bed.

The four of you had quite a bit to drink, though Kara wasn't drunk due to her superpowers. Nobody told you that Kara is supergirl, but it was quite obvious if you knew where to look.

Especially considering you were in the army, you knew stuff that other people wouldn't, like the DEO and such organizations existing. You always wondered how long it would take for anyone to tell you the truth.

"I don't think we're in any place to drive," you say as you continue to laugh about something Alex said as you planned to leave.

"No, we're definitely not." Alex agrees with a giggle. "Actually, Kara, do you mind if we crash on your couch? it will just be easier that way," you ask hopefully.

"Uh, Lena was actually going to crash on the couch," Kara says awkwardly as she scratches the back of her neck.

"You have a big bed, could you share for a night?" You ask not really thinking about it in your drunken state.

You see a blush rise up her cheeks at the mention of sharing a bed, Lena looking just as flushed.

"Or Lena can take the couch, Alex sleep with you and I'll take the floor" you offer. "Y/n, you'll reck your back. You can't sleep on the floor." Lena scolds drunkingly.

"Well, there's no other option, and I don't think it's a good idea for me to go home like this," you slur.

"Fine, I'll share the bed with Kara if she's okay with it and you can take the couch," Lena grumbles. "Y-yeah, sure. It's just for a night, " Kara says hesitantly.

"Great, goodnight." You smile as you prepare for bed. The sofa wasn't particularly big, especially for two people, but it will do.

You laid down against the back of the couch on your side, and Alex climbed in front of you, facing her back to you so you could spoon her.

"Night, baby," you whisper in her ear, only getting a hum in response as Alex was already drifting off to sleep.