Part 10

You wake up as you hear chatter in the next room, your head pounding from all the drinks you had the previous night.

You open your eyes slowly, letting them adjust to the bright lights in the room. You figured that it is likely almost noon by looking out the window.

Alex was still in your arms sleeping. She was stirring awake and you placed a kiss on the back of her neck, indicating that you were awake.

She turns around in your grasp to face you as she mumbles good morning causing you to smile at her. You lay there in silence for a few more minutes as you try to fully wake up.

Alex stretches after a few minutes, sitting up on the couch. It wasn't the greatest sleep in the world but it got the job done. A change of clothes would have been nice but you just ended up sleeping in your suit pants and sports bra.

Alex borrowed some of Kara's clothes to change into so she could be more comfortable. You and Alex follow the chatter finding Kara and Lena making breakfast in the kitchen.

"Morning ladies" you say in a jokey tone causing them to giggle before saying good morning back. "You guys are up early" you comment as you grab a grape from the fruit bowl.

"It's 10 am, not that early" Lena laughs. "Is it? My head is pounding, how much did I drink?" You ask as you grab around for your phone finding that it's not on your person.

Kara laughs at your cluelessness and your hungover state. You go back to the living room and find your phone on the floor half way under the couch.

Once you come back into the kitchen Lena hands you some pills and water which you happily take.

"What are you making?" You ask as you peer over Kara's shoulder. "Omelette and bacon" Lena responds "it's almost done."

Eliza comes out soon after as Alex goes to call her for breakfast. You all eat together chatting about last night. Thankfully you were feeling much better as your headache went away.

After breakfast most people settle in the living room to watch a movie. Eliza goes back to her room as she had an important call to make and needed some privacy.

You were finding it difficult to sit still as your mind was racing unable to focus on the movie. Instead you went to get a drink and decided to tackle that pile of dishes left over from last night in the sink.

Kara noticed you leaving but didn't say anything, but when you didn't return 10 minutes later she went to check on you as she could hear you doing something in the kitchen.

"You didn't need to do that" Kara says as she walks into the room, leaning against the counter. "I just wanted to help out since you were so kind as to host. Plus I couldn't sit still and needed to busy myself anyway" you tell her as you continue to wash the dishes.

"I appreciate it." Kara says, which was followed by a few moments of silence as neither of you said anything. You were just focused on the task at hand while Kara was trying to think of how she should say what she wants to say.

"Listen, we need to talk about something" Kara starts, "about Alex" she adds. You finish washing the dishes and look at her with a raised eyebrow as you dry your hands. "Are we seriously about to have the 'talk' right now?" You ask with a chuckle to which Kara just looks at you with a serious expression.

"You know what let's make this easy, save some time" you say before calling Alex and Lena into the room causing a look of confusion to cross Kara's face as you do.

The two women join you in the room, also wearing puzzled expressions. "So apparently we're about to have the 'talk' so-" you start.

"Let me just say this. Me and Alex are together you know that, that's good. But also you and you-" you say as you gesture to Kara and Lena "-have been doing this dance around the bush thing but it's obvious you like each other. So what I'm saying is let's save some time in case at some point in the future y'all get your heads out of your ass and date." You say, you receive a few looks through your little speech but nobody interrupts you nonetheless.

"Basically we all know the rules, there's no need to have this talk. If I hurt Alex you're gonna hurt me if you hurt Lena I'll hurt you etcetera etcetera. We all get it yes? Yes. Good" you say answering your own question and throwing up two thumbs up.

The three women just nod hesitantly unsure of what just happened but decided not to question it as you walked out of the room again.

They shared a look of did this really just happen and then shrugged and went back to what they were doing. Lena and Kara completely don't acknowledge your insinuation of their feelings for each other. You started to collect all your things as you were leaving to go to the gym.

"Bye, babe" you say as you lean over the back of the couch and place a kiss on Alex's cheek. "You're leaving?" She asks and you nod with a little smile. "I'm going to the gym. Do you want to come too?" you ask.

"No it's okay. I'll talk to you later" Alex says as she leans up for a kiss which you happily give her. You leave the apartment and go home to get changed before your gym session.

"So... Spill" Kara says the second the door closes. "How long has this been going on?" She questions. Alex groans slightly having thought that she got away with all these questions as nobody said or asked anything about it since last night.

The three women end up gossiping and talking about your relationship for the next while. Alex figured that they just didn't want to be so nosy in front of you about your relationship as you tended to be pretty private about your life and especially relationships in the past.