An Awful Start

Ricardo Rosales is a 20 year old drummer from Puerto Rico. Dustin Tomlinson is a 19 year old lead singer that is half African American and half Caucasian. Sterling Howard is a 20 year bassist from Canada that is mixed with Caucasian and Native American. Keith Williams is a 21 year old African American lead guitarist. Karlton Williams is an 18 year old albino guitarist and he is Keith's brother.

"Hey guys, are you guys finished with editing the song, we have to be ready to present this by the evening since the talent show is at 6:00 tonight", Dustin asked. "Yeah we're already ready, let's perform this one more time", Sterling said. The boys performed their song one last time before traveling to their audition. They all felt pretty confident that they'll be able to wow the crowd with the magic of their music. They all put a lot of work into the song they've wrote. They all traveled in one minivan along with their instruments and equipment.

After arriving they all sat backstage and waited for their turn. Once their turn came they introduced themselves and showed their magic to everyone sitting down.

"Hello there, who are you guys?", the judge greeted them. "Hello everyone, me and these guys standing right in front of you all are called Leviathan", Dustin shouted out loud. The audience applauded them as he wowed them with his uplifting approach. "Wow nice to meet you all, what are you guys going to be doing for us today", the judge asked. "We're performing our own original song we wrote called "The Power Within", he said. "Ok show us that you all have what it takes, I believe in you all", she said to him.

The boys started playing their instruments and the crowd was holding their ears already. Both brothers were playing their guitars and it sounded like complete chaos to the audience as Keith was strumming aggressively and Karl was soloing at an intense speed. Ricardo was playing his drums at an insanely fast tempo and Sterling's bass playing was inaudible. Once Dustin started singing everybody was shocked.

The song: "He started off dreaming like a dreamer til one thought came to his mind. He always wished that he could have the power to shock all of mankind. One day he applied himself and he was in for a big surprise. He found out that he could achieve what he wanted as long as believed in himself.

That's the power of confidence. You have to have it within you. Put your mind to it and you will get through. Shake off the self doubt and self hate and you'll be closer to that date. You'll be in it to win it but it all starts within you"

After soloing and performing their song they didn't get much love. The audience didn't applaud them and the judge was absolutely speechless.

"So how did we do?", Keith asked. "Boo", the audience yelled out. "I'm sorry guys but it was too aggressive. This is New York my friend. We don't do that here. It was like my ears were getting stabbed with two rusty daggers. It was not rhythmic at all. Nothing is harmonic about it. It was the most terrible junk I'd heard of tonight", she snapped at them. "But Ms we made our own genre. We worked on this track for a whole year nonstop. We took a story and turned it into a metal song, give us some credit now", Karl cried. "It sounded like you guys wrote this song yesterday. It's horrific, it sounded like you guys put a whole bunch of two year olds on instruments. I think my three year old daughter would've done better than this, it's a no for me and make sure you guys learn what real music is before coming out to perform some lousy garbage like this again", she snapped at them.

"Excuse me ma'am you are very disrespectful, it's ok if you didn't like it but you're being a real coward right now. It takes time to learn an instrument and it takes time to write a song so let me know if you could do better", Ricardo ranted. "You stay in your place young man. Look at how you guys look, you all look completely hideous and you all think you're cool. You with the green eyes and blond hair and the albino boy look like you two should switch places, nobody wants a sheep for a guitarist. No record company wants all of you guys", she yelled at them. "Did you just call me a sheep? You're so lowdown. You should be in prison instead of trying to sit up here and judge someone", Karl cried. They all stepped off stage disappointedly. They all went backstage and started venting.