Slight Hope

The boys prepare for their next performance at another theater. They hope that this new theater will approve of their uniqueness and bizarre music style. As they prepare backstage Karl is not feeling up to it so he singles himself out.

I'm not feeling this right now. It's not fun watching people put us down. I hate it when people say I look like a goat or a sheep because I'm albino. I can't help it. I was born this way. I hate when people say Sterling is my brother just because he's light skinned. That's not right because they're totally disrespecting my real brother. People are so biased towards all of us. I think it's because we're all colored/mixed and we're all different.

"What's wrong dude", my brother came up to me and asked me. "What do you think is wrong? I don't want to do this. I'd rather be at home talking to my crush on the phone than to be standing on stage with a bunch of ungrateful people", I cried. "Oh come on don't be such a baby! You got this!" He cheered. He then dragged me and made me start practicing before our performance.

When it was time for the boys to perform this time Sterling introduced them. Even though there's nothing wrong with him on the outside he does have a terrible disease on the inside. He suffers with diabetes and unfortunately before the show he forgot to take his medication. This could lead to something dangerous happening to him at any moment.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen", Sterling yelled out loud. "Well hello there, oh my you are one cute guy tell us about yourself", the judge said to him. "I'm not telling you about myself. This is about us guys, not me. We are Leviathan", he said out loud. "Wow such a cool and mystical name, show us what you guys got", another judge said. Once they started performing everybody became shocked. Even though all of them were into it Ricardo was noticing something that nobody else noticed.

While playing my drums and skimming the stage as quickly as I could I noticed that something was seriously off with Sterling. He was playing his bass guitar and he was breaking out into sweat. He also started slowing down and it seemed like he was getting very dizzy. He seemed like he was losing his breath and suddenly he collapsed on stage. The audience squealed and I immediately stopped playing to help him. While the rest of the band members panicked I was the only one that remained calm.

"Oh my god what happened? Is he ok?" One of the judges yelled out. I ignored her and immediately went to seek help for him. He was rushed in an ambulance and he was treated. We had to stop early. To make the night even worse the judges didn't give us any type of credit at all.

"What the heck? What were you guys singing?" The judge asked. "Metal of course", Keith replied. "I'm so sorry for your friend, he was so cute and so talented but you guys were obnoxious and atrocious", she told them. The crowd then started throwing things at them and booing them. "Hey guys this is freaking New York get lost with this chaos, we don't do that here", an audience member said. They all were getting frustrated until somebody threw a shoe at Dustin's microphone and almost hit him.

"Excuse me but I have to say what I have to say. You guys are a freaking disgrace! This dude in the audience almost hit me with a shoe. Why are you throwing stuff? If it would've hit me I would've pressed charges against you. Second of all this is for the judge. How can you call our bassist Sterling cute? He's here to show off his talent, not his attractiveness. This is not a fashion show, it's a music show! Besides, you're being extremely biased. You only like him because he's light skinned with long blonde hair and green eyes. You really don't care about his sickness, you don't care that he has hyperglycemia", Dustin ranted. The audience was speechless after what he said.

"Excuse me, how dare you! You are rude! You and the rest of your band came here to embarrass yourselves. You all came here to destroy the heck out of our eardrums. Get on with your life, off the stage", the judge ranted. "How am I rude? Am I rude for speaking the truth? I'm rude because I confronted everybody?", Dustin ranted. "OFF NOW", the judge screamed. "These stupid New Yorkers", Ricardo mumbled. They all marched off the stage.