And The Winner Is...

Today is the day when they find out what the big surprise is. As Damien and Dante sit in the studio waiting for them to arrive they start to get impatient.

"When are they going to get here they take forever", Dante complained. "I know, I can't wait to give them this invite so I can go about my business", Damien added. The guys then came storming through the door.

"Good morning I have some awesome news. You guys have an invitation to the music awards show and you guys are nominated for a couple of things. You are all nominated for the best rock band, best collaboration, best album, and surprisingly the latest hit. Won't you look at that", Damien replied ecstatically. They guys were in disbelief that this is actually real.

"No are you kidding", Dustin asked. "Here read this invitation, tell me if I'm lying", Damien added. Dustin and the others read it and they became excited. "LET'S GO", they all yelled out. "Alright settle down, I have something else to tell you guys. You will also be doing a tribute concert dedicated to me since my 22nd anniversary is coming up", he told them. It seemed like their happiness level decreased since they all gasped and they stood there shocked.

"I'm sorry but we have to perform our stuff and then we have to learn your song too", Ricardo asked. "Yes of course duh, they picked you guys because you are the only ones that could actually play our stuff since other bands have problems playing our songs because they are too complicated", he added. "Do I have to play that solo for Triple Sixer because it's so long and extra", Keith asked. "Of course, I know you can do it, make me proud", Damien cheered. They tried their best to remain happy on the outside but deep down inside they were mad.

"Welp see ya, I don't wanna be ya", Dante told them before exiting along with his dad. "Ugh why oh why, do you guys know how hard that song is? I could play it but if I play it more than once I swear my hands and fingers are going to break", Keith complained. "Yes and the song is in 6/8 time signature instead of 4/4, do you know how hard it is trying to keep up and play all of those notes? Especially with a fast tempo too", Karl cried. "I swear this song is only meant for Damien and Jazz", Keith cried.

"Playing the drums is even worse, only Jay Blues of The Infernos himself can play that. I'm scared I'm going to mess this up even though I know how to keep up", Ricardo cried. "Guys I know this is possibly one of the hardest songs that we have to learn but let's just practice it, if we can't do it let's just say that we tried our best, I'm pretty sure he'll love the fact that we're covering their song", Sterling added.

For the next few days they practiced their tails off. Although they didn't get it at first, after a while they started to get better. Two weeks later it was time for the awards show and during the show they all sat in the crowd chatting it up as they watched the different musicians perform from all genres.

"Man I thought I'll never be here in a suit and tie", Dustin said. "I know right, but time out, what the hell does Damien have on", Ricardo pointed out. Damien was sitting about three rows in front of them and he had on something that he would probably wear back in his early days. He was dressed as a vintage rocker guy in all black, leather and studs. It's odd because his particular style is old and obsolete.

"Leave him alone, his outfit is dope haha", Keith laughed. "But that's how they used to dress back then. Clearly this is an awards show, not throwback Thursday", Dustin laughed. They all were giggling but they had to keep it down because they were talking and being rude nevertheless. "Guys shhh, they are about to call out the nominees", Sterling told them. A famous pop singer then entered the stage after the performance ended.

"What's good ladies and gentlemen? I hope you enjoyed that lovely performance that she'd put on for us. But now it's time to see the nominees for the best rock band", she told everyone. The screen then showed all of the nominated bands and Leviathan was up there. They were so happy to see their name but little did they know what was about to happen next.