Shred Showdown (Final)

Today is the annual 27th shred contest. This is a contest where all of the most talented guitarists of every genre get together to compete with one another. The fastest and best sounding one will leave with an award and be honored as one of the greatest lead guitarists. Fans of every band, new or old and both old and young gather up together to watch this spectacular and competitive event, even though it takes place outside during the end of the year. For the last 14 years, Damien was the winner. Since Keith is new he might just be able to beat him.

The others sat in the audience in the front row since it was all about the guitar players. Dante on the other hand was helping his dad set up and prepare. While this was going on the host was ready to call out the first two battling head to head.

"Alright, we waited all year for this event and it's finally here. If you want to hear some badass skills coming from some of the dopest guitarists handpicked by popular demand, say hell yeah", the host screamed into the microphone. "HELL YEAH", the crowd chanted. The host then ran off the stage and the two guitar players entered.

They looked like they came from two punk bands as it seemed like not too many people were too happy to see them since the majority of the greatest players came from metal bands. But since they were here they had to be good. The first player was acting as if he was just warming up because he seemed like he was afraid to let loose and solo. Maybe he was just afraid of messing up. He only stayed in the key of F minor the whole time and it seemed as if he'd only been playing for less than five years. Nevertheless he was kinda lame and it only seemed like he was picked for his neatness and clean playing. However his competitor was able to grab the crowd's attention.

The second player was much faster but nowhere near as fast as Damien. He was soloing through all the music modes. From the very cheerful and uplifting sounding Lydian scale to the ominous and mysterious sounding Locrian scale he was able to shift through them all. However he was missing all of the key parts to lead guitar that would've made him sound better. He wasn't bad but a little more experience would've made him better. Damien was backstage talking trash about everyone.

"What the hell? Who were these guys' teachers? Seriously, who taught them? They need to go back to being a beginner instead of trying to jump into being professionals", Damien complained. "Hahaha, well Dad, that's what people like. They basically learned how to walk before they were able to crawl", Dante laughed. "I know I can't even stand up properly and I'm being rude right now but even your mother can probably do a better job than that, this is torture, who picked these people?", he complained.

Back at the stage two new guitar players from two different metal bands entered and the other ones left. The first player entered the stage soloing and he didn't even stop for a pause. He was soloing in the key of D minor and he was totally on point. The tricks, the speed and the neatness was good and he did not mess it up. He was not that fast but he was intermediate and he still sounded good.

His opponent was a girl and she shocked the crowd with her shredding techniques. She was super fast and she really knew how to ascend and descend up and down that fretboard. Although she was playing the well known and simple pentatonic scales, she really knew how to put her own twist on it. She was playing one hell of a solo and it was very captivating and not boring like the other two. The other player joined in to play with her but he couldn't keep up. She wowed the crowd and they all cheered for her. She deserves to become the best female guitarist!

Sterling, Dustin, Karl and Ricardo were in the front row just talking except they were extremely impressed because of the girl and her awesome skills.

"Woah dude what is her name? She's the real definition of awesome!", Dustin gasped. "That's Ambrosia Rose of Scarlett's Lair, a doom metal band", Ricardo added. "I need to meet her one day. She's stunning and she's talented, wow", Dustin replied excitedly. "She's popular but not popular enough, I wish the whole world knew her", Sterling added.