1.8

I walked into the party with Jack by my side.

I felt self-conscious as Jack slung his arm around my waist before pulling me closer.

"Chill out, remember why we're here." he whispers into my ear

I nod ignoring the butterflies his arm leaves my waist as his hand entwine with mine instead as he pulls me through the crowd of hormonal teenagers until we reach the kitchen.

He goes grabs us two drinks while I look around the room for Tyler.

I spot him with a group of friends as he talks to a familiar blonde girl.

The same girl who I saw him with when he cheated on me.

Macy my old best friend.

I clench my fists as I turn around and face Jack.

"I found Tyler." I grumble as Jack scans the room before spotting them.

"Hey forget about it, you're better without him and we're here to prove it." he say as he shows me his perfect smile.

"Let's go have fun then." I smile as I chug down the drink before grabbing Jacks hand and pulling him onto the dance floor.

I move my hips to the beat as he watches me amused.

"Come on dance with me." I laugh.

He rolls his eyes but still wears the same amused smile as he grabs my hips and pulls me close before he leans closer to me.

"Tyler's watching." he says as he smirks like he said something else.

I couldn't help but feel slightly hurt that the only reason Jack wanted to be close to me was because of him but I ignored it.

"Good" I smirk back.

As I lean closer to him before laughing and moving away.

All of a sudden I get knocked into Jacks arm while Jack catches me and glares at whoever is behind us.

"Dude watch where you're going." Jack says still holding me.

I turn around and see Tyler looking at us with a innocent smile while Macy stands beside him.

"Oh sorry, I didn't see you there, it's quite packed in here. I also thought you didn't like parties so what are you doing here?"

"I don't like parties but I found some motivation to come to this one." I say looking up at Jack as he looks back down at me with a smile.

"Yeah I remember how you use to come to parties for me all the time but I guess things change." He says.

Was he trying to make me feel guilty?

"Yeah I guess things do." Jack says for me.

"Anyway I'm gonna get a drink." I say grabbing Jacks hand to follow me but instead we get stopped by Tyler.

"Why don't you go with Macy while Jack and I talk."

I hesitate.

That last thing I wanted to do was to be alone with her but Jack nods at me and gives me one of his perfect smiles encouraging me to go.

I sigh before nodding and walking off to the kitchen with Macy following behind me.

We remand silent as we make our way past people.

"Hey so I heard you and Tyler broke up. What was that about?"

You not being able to keep your slutty hands off my boyfriend and him being a two-timing piece of shit.

"Things just weren't working out" I shrug before grabbing two drinks from the fridge while I impatiently wait for her wanting to get back to Jack.