2.4

After Jack dropped me home yesterday I went straight to my room and locked the door so Ryder couldn't get me before going to sleep.

Right now I was walking into the school gates.

I had successfully avoided Ryder all morning even though he had tried to talk to me but I knew he needed a bit more time to cool down.

I searched the entry for Jack when I spot him talking to someone.

We make eye contact as I wave at him but he ignores me and continues talking.

Okay, maybe I should just wait for him at the entrance.

As I stand there waiting I see him walk towards me.

"Hey Jack." I smile but he doesn't say anything, "What's wrong?"

"Look I don't think we should hangout anymore." I instantly frown.

"Why, what did I do?"

"You did nothing okay, I just think we shouldn't hangout anymore."

I didn't know what to say but I was hurt. It shouldn't have hurt as much as it did but I couldn't help it.

"Fine whatever." I say bitterly.

"Summer don't be like that-"

"No Jack fuck you.For a moment I actually thought you cared wow was I wrong."

"I do care." He mumbles

"Just shut up and leave, like you said we shouldn't hangout anymore so why are you still here?"

He looks at me like he wanted to say something but he remains quiet as he walks past me.

I didn't need him.

I didn't need anyone.

But as much as I told myself this I couldn't deny the pain I was feeling.

I walked down the hallway ignore curious looks as I went to my locker got my books and walked to class.

'I don't need him' I repeated to myself but the words meant nothing.

I walked into the classroom and put my books down.

"Are you alright?" I hear Macy ask not realising she sat next to me until now.

"Why would you care?" I snap.

"Excuse me?"

"Why would you care about how I feel?"

"I've always cared about how you feel, we use to be best friends." Oh the irony of this bitch.

"Well you didn't when you decided to go behind my back with my boyfriend you slut." I say with amusement while her eyes began to water but I didn't care. She deserved it.

"I just wanted my best friend back!" She yells at me earning the attention of fellow students.

"All you've earned is a new enemy, now if you wouldn't mind fuck off."

She picks her stuff up and walks out of the classroom while the remainder of the class stares at me.

I sent them a glare as they turned around to face the front again.

I didn't know why I snapped at her because it sure wasn't because of Tyler. I didn't care about him or Macy anymore and Jack was right when he said I never loved Tyler because I didn't.

I was infatuated with the idea of him not what he truly was.

And although Macy deserved what I said to her I did feel slightly guilty because I knew if I wasn't so upset about Jack this wouldn't happen.

Why did I care so much?

Why does it hurt so much that he left me?

We were nothing special.

But the more I asked myself the more I realise that our time together was something more for me and that I had done something I promise myself would never happen.

I had fallen for Jack Gilinsky.