Chapter-2- From Feeding Ducks To Drowning

(Lore will not be accurate.)

########################

In a part of the city with no one around, (Y/n) materialized back into the world. Immediately her stoick composure crumbled. Her shoulders dropped, her back slouched and she let out a tired sigh. Within her mind, the system made its announcement. 

{Emergency mission complete. The special trial skills 'Goddess's descend' and item 'Unbreakable Body'×1 have expired. You are rewarded with 1,000,000 Mora.}

"Huuuuuuu...."

(Y/n) felt relieved. She had the money directly transferred to her system’s storage. Mora was a nice reward to have, especially when she wanted to live in this city. Not even a day in and she already wanted to collapse on a bed from stress. 

She was very much frightened when Aether started falling towards her. Not for the world-traveling boy but for herself.

Aether has a strong body capable to withstand various attacks and such a godlike body was falling from the sky right towards her. 

With the speed he picked up, it would have been like a meteor hitting an ant!

She would have died on the spot!

Luckily the system had issued an emergency mission to help Aether with added time-limited trial skills. It seems that the system doesn't want to let its host die on the first day.  

She had to leave very quickly before Kaeya arrived. Otherwise, the very experienced spy would have definitely exposed her lie. Of course, she completed the mission while hiding her identity and performed rather well.

But then there was that moment of Aether groping her chest! Of course, (Y/n) forgave him since it was an accident. Still, she’s having second thoughts of carrying people's bridal style. She didn’t want that happening again, even if it was one of her husbandos. (Y/n) has standards! 

With the dragon no longer here the citizens of Mondstadt found it safe enough to come outside. Many eyes looked around at the damage done to their home. Many were saddened, some were angry, but all were glad they survived.

(Y/n) peeked out from the alleyway, spotting the various things in disrepair. It was a mess. Signs were on rooftops, chairs were broken, windows of the buildings were shattered and the shards lay in the streets. She could see the knights were already busy. Some were carrying the injured people who failed to hide on stretchers to the hospital. Others had set to work on the cleanup. 

Ducking back into the alley, (Y/n) took off her cloak and thought to herself, 'Dvalin made a mess of things. At least the city is intact. Everything could have ended far worse if Aether wasn’t here.’

After putting the cloak back into her storage, she focused on important matters like finding a house to settle in. Hopefully, there are still houses that aren’t destroyed. 

(Y/n) walked out into the open and immediately asked the closest person where the real estate agency was.

############

(Time-skip)

"I admire your courage to live in Mondstadt at such a perilous time. Well, here is the list of available houses and rooms. You can choose whichever you like."  The agent with glasses said with a bright smile, despite the bandage on his head.

(Y/n) looked at the list.

The first house near the Mondstadt Cathedral was a two-story building owned by the Lawrence clan. So it wasn’t a surprise when the price was costly, 500k per month. An absolute no.