Mission Reward

Lore will not be accurate.

Warning: Contain rude words in this chapter.

##########

"Since the Hilichurls have been taken cared of by Miss Nameless-"

Said monsters shivered at the mention of her name.

"How are we going to remove this barrier?", Paimon asked aloud.

"Simple.", Nameless grabbed the attention of everyone as she continued, "The deactivation mechanisms have been disguised as those torches. Ignite them, and we'll be able to carry on."

"So that's why you stood back. To figure out how to turn off the barrier!", Aether realized before his admiration for their guide grew, "You had it all under control!"

"I see…", Kaeya was just recovering from his shock. Nameless's display of power is still fresh in his mind.

The man tried to clear his head and focus on the matter at hand.

"I'll create a few cyro constructs up to them. Traveler, can you help me with setting them off?"

"Alright!"

(Y/n) hung back. After the ordeal, she didn't feel like ruining her image by a few accidental lips. So she left the rest to Aether and Kaeya.

~(Five minutes later.)~

After the crystal was destroyed, the hilichurls disappeared into the sane blue particles that made them along with the exit opening for them.

They had regrouped with Amber and the knights before they all left together. Once outside the domain, Kaeya had the knights return to the headquarters to inform the news of the Acting Grandmaster and escort Amber to the clinic for a check-up.

Nameless had wandered a bit away from the others for a few breaths of fresh air.

She was in the middle of remembering what event would come next when Aether walked up to her.

"What is it, Aether?", Nameless spoke indifferently.

She hoped their talk would be quick. The hunger inside her was making her uncomfortable. She didn't have the chance to properly eat dinner because of the urgency of the mission.

With stress on her shoulders built up from what she went through, (Y/n) wanted to go home, eat her fill, claim her reward, and collapse on her bed.

Aether looked hesitant. As if he was scared that he might upset her, but he gathered his courage and asked.

"I… I want to ask you about something. My sister-", Aether said.

"Lumine?", That name slipped past (Y/n)'s lips before she realized it. She cringed but did not show it. Her foolishness made her want to smack herself.

"You know her name?! Did you meet her?! Where is she?"

Of course, that one name was all it took for Aether to become both excited and worried. Excited that he might see her again but worried that she could be hurt.

'Aaahhh!'

(Y/n)'s inner thoughts were in turmoil.

"I want to spoil so bad! But I can't cause it'll ruin the plot! I need to get out of here before I end up spilling anything else! I just need to do it in a mysterious way for value."

(Y/n) was thinking, she was thinking hard. Trying to come up with the right words as she looked at the eager yet nervous Aether. His golden eyes holding innocent hooe paired with his handsome face made him look like a bright shining star.