EIGHTEEN

I would like to take this moment to remind everyone of the triggers on this book! Please go back and read them if you don't remember, this book is about to become darker!

Please look after your mental health first!!

Grace

My eyes fluttered open as I feel my arms tied down.

Fuck my body hurt so bad.

The last thing I remember was being hit by the SUV. I didn't know where it came from, I don't remember how I got here. I don't even know where I am, as my vision settles slightly I look around the room.

It was dark and cold, freezing cold in fact.

The floor was concrete, I knew this because I had no shoes on. My arms were tied to the arm of the chair I was sat in, my legs tied together I had no idea who had done this. 

There was a a small light hanging from the ceiling. It didn't light the room much, in fact this didn't feel like a real room. It felt like a warehouse, somewhere you would take someone before you murdered them.

Two weeks ago I wouldn't have cared. I would have happily died, but I had Xavier now. I wanted to live, I wanted to have a life with him.

I didn't know why I was here, I didn't know who wanted me. I could take a guess, someone related to Xavier back in New York. It had to be, everyone wanted revenge for what I did to them, I was blamed for Gia too after she faked her death.

"Finally, you sleep well when you're knocked out" I hear a voice I recognise, my eyes hadn't quite adjusted yet. I couldn't see who it was, I could see their figure as they walked into the room.

Through a door on the other side of the room. I was in the middle of the room. The large room full of nothingness.

The male figure walks towards me, I could feel my heart rate pick up. I didn't know who wanted me, I didn't know what they were going to do. I had trained for this, I knew what it was like to be in this situation.

Somehow it is never like training.

My eyes focus on the man, I finally see who it was.

Marcus.

"X was so fond of you" He speaks as his hands come to my hair. I move my head away attempting to avoid his touch, it wasn't going to happen.

I feel his fingers trace down my face, I could see the space where his missing finger once laid. The finger Christian took from him, he was taken and tortured.

"So fond of you he left me for dead" He spits at me as he crouched down gripping my head tightly in his hands.

He blamed me for his torture, he blamed me for taking so long to be found.

"I didn't know-"

"I didn't say you could speak" He speaks with aggression as his grip tightens on my face. "When I was approached about being the one to take you, I jumped at that chance" He smirks, he lets go of my face as I take a deep breath.

This went higher than the man in front of me. I didn't know who was in charge now, I had heard Gia mention Luca had been exiled. It could still be him, but something inside of me was telling me it wasn't.

He had years to find me, if he wanted to have me he would have by now. 

"Marcus, I never wanted you to be harmed-"

"I don't give a fuck, X would never have stood for it if you weren't around" He snaps before he slaps my cheek.

I feel the stinging, it lingered.