TWENTY

Grace

I had been drugged more in the past forty eight hours then I ever had in my life. I didn't know where I was or who I was in fact, I really just felt groggy and out of it.

My hands were no longer tied, I think whoever was keeping me here knew I couldn't escape. I couldn't even move, the only thing on my mind was Xavier. I knew he would kill whoever it was that was doing this, I still didn't quite believe it was his brother. I mean I had never heard of him before his introduction.

I laid in an empty bedroom, there was a mattress on the floor and that was about it. A small thin sheet and pillow lay on the bed, I just curled up into a ball as I lay there. I had hardly eaten or been looked after at all.

I don't think I've been sexually assaulted again.

However, I have also been out of it for some time so who knows. It's like I can still feel Marcus's hands on my body, I can't help but think about Rosa.

I wondered if her and Marcus were still together, I wondered if she was at all behind this. I knew she didn't like me, but she also was never truly involved in the business. In fact she just wanted to protect Sam the entire time.

I jump out of my skin when I hear the heavy door that kept me from getting out of here begin to unlock. I sit up and pull my knees to my chest as my back leans against the wall. I hadn't washed my hair in a long time, it was mess but I didn't really care how I looked.

As the door swings open I see Marcus. I thought I was going to throw up.

Xavier had always said he was an honourable man.

He was a fucking coward.

"Here" He tosses me some packaged food, it was a pastry of some kind. I watch it fall in front of me, I didn't trust anything anyone wanted to give to me.

I don't move a muscle as he stands over me. I just stare back at him.

"I was told not to touch you again, you're being saved" He snaps with pure venom in his voice. I had never been scared of men, but this was in front of me he had taken something from me.

He took the moment I could be touched for the first time again. That was Xavier's to have and he took it from me, he stared into my eyes as I begged him to stop. He was no man.

"Lost your tongue have you?" Marcus speaks as he crouches down, his hand comes to my cheek as he holds my face tightly. "We can change that"

I don't bite, I didn't want to talk to him so I wouldn't. I wanted to see the man claiming to be Xavier's brother, I wanted to have a conversation with him.

A real one.

Marcus pulls a knife from his pocket as he lightly trails the knife down my arm, there wasn't enough pressure to cause any injury right now. I knew it was coming though, I had mentally prepared myself for any pain he wanted to inflict.

"Why do you hate me so much?" I speak, this causes him to pull the knife away from my skin. I had spoken, given him what he wanted.

"You took him"

"No I didn't" I spit back at him, I had venom in my voice.

No one knew the true story, no but Gia and Xavier. I had no choice, I had never had a choice when it came to the arrest. I was always a pawn in the FBIs game, they would have killed me if it meant they got Xavier. I never meant a thing to them.

His hand comes to my throat as I feel his tight grip I could no longer breathe as he held my throat in his hands.

"You don't speak to me like that!" He screams in my face before he smashes my head against the wall behind me.

I groan as I feel the impact, he lets go of my throat as I feel my body fall onto the bed. The hit to my head made me feel dizzy but I wasn't bad enough to pass out. I just needed a moment to stable myself.

"Not to chatty now are we" He smirks as his body stands over me. I feel a tear fall down my cheek as I reach around to the back of my head, I touch where I was hit. As I pull my hand back around to my eyes I see blood on my fingers. "Plenty more where that came from"

Marcus now stood over me, he lands a kick to my stomach. I curl up into a ball as he leaves the room, leaving me alone once again. This time in more pain.

I couldn't help but allow my mind to drift to Xavier, I wonder if he knows where I am. I wondered if he was close to finding me, I also wondered where the hell I was. I didn't know if I was even still in the county.

I had been drugged and moved around so many places I could be in france by now. I had no idea, all I knew was I couldn't go back to New York. I would be killed, but then again I was better off dead than being here.

~~~~

I didn't know how long I had been asleep, I had no way to tell the time. I did know that when I woke up I wasn't alone. The man claiming to be Xavier's brother sat on a chair opposite my mattress that lays on the floor.

"He hit you pretty hard huh?" The man speaks as he takes the cigarette out of his mouth and puts it out on the floor.

"How long was I asleep?" I ask, this man wasn't as evil as Marcus. At least he hadn't shown me he was anyways.

I didn't trust him, I didn't trust anyone here.

"A day" He shrugged at me.

Fuck.

I had never been so worried in my entire life, I really didn't feel like I would get out of this. I didn't know their end game, I didn't know why they wanted me at all.

"Why am I here?" I ask, I still don't know his name and I don't really want to.

"I'm not the one in charge here sweetheart" He smirks. "I'm just here to look after you"

"You're doing a shit job"

My comment causes him to let out a small laugh at me. I sit up more as I lean against the same wall that caused me to lose another day of my life.

"If you're not in charge then who is?"

"You'll meet him soon-"

Before he can even finish his sentence, the door opens. I was assuming this was the man in charge, however when the door opened it wasn't the man I ever expected to see.

"Grace" He smiles down at me.

"Sam?"