4| Castiel

Take Me To Church
Castiel (Chpt. 4)
———

Salem, her brothers and Bobby are seated around the table, watching as Pamala shuts the curtains. The room is suddenly painted black.

The woman makes her way across the room, pulling out a lighter and giving life to a flame in the candles scattered about. They give off a faint glow, granting them the ability to see again.

She then sits down across from Salem, taking Bobby's hand. Bobby takes Sam's, Sam takes Salem's, and Salem takes Dean's, creating a chain until they meet up with Pamala once again. Dean reaches for the woman's hand, but she shakes her head.

Dean drop his hand, confused.

"I have to touch something our mystery monster touched." She says. She then lowers her hand under the table and moments later Dean jerks, hitting his knee on the bottom of the table.

He laughs nervously, sending Salem a look she couldn't quite decipher. "It didn't touch me there."

Salem laughs silently as Pamala apologizes, but the smile on her lips fades a Dean removes his hand from hers, lifting his sleeve.

The red hand mark looked extremely painful. It was irritated already, but as Pamala aligned her hand with the mark, it seemed to become an even brighter shade of red. Dean winced.

His muscles tightened and he squeezed his eyes shut. He grips the table, cursing under his breath.

Pamala then adjusts in her seat, closing her eyes and tightening her grip on Bobby's hand. "I invoke, conjure, and command you to appear before the circle." She says. And eerie silence settles across the room before she begins to chant again. She continues, saying it repeatedly "I invoke, conjure, and command you..." she trails off, leaving everyone confused as the silence returns.

The TVs flicker on, the sound of static filling the room. Radios then turn on too, flipping through channels rapidly. Salem's palms begin to sweat and she feels bad for Sam and Dean who grasp onto her hands. It was the same noise from her bedroom.

"Castiel?" Pamala suddenly says. A small pause. "I'm sorry, but I don't scare away that easy."

"Castiel?" Salem asks, furrowing her brows.

"His name." Pamala clarifies. "He's whispering to me. He's telling me to turn back."

"Maybe you should." Salem says softly, but Dean tugs on her hand, gaining her attention. He furrows her eyebrows and angrily shakes his head. Salem drops her gaze, deciding to stay quiet.

Lights begin to flicker as Pamala continues to chant. She grows louder and louder, her tone more demanding. Salem grows nervous.

Then, suddenly, the flames on the candles grew several feet high. Flames just tall appear in Pamala's eyes.

She falls backward on her chair, Sam and Dean snapping into action. They're by her side as she lets out a weep, yet all Salem can do is watch.

"I can't see." Pamala cries.

Salem's frozen in place. The tv's and radios still blare, and it's all overwhelming. As Pamala cries, clawing at Dean's arms as he helps her up, all Salem can do is watch.

Pamala's pleas grow faint, so does Sam's voice as he calls 911. The static of the electronics grow louder. The room starts to spin. And then it all stops so suddenly, just in time for her to watch her brothers help Pamala sit up.

As Salem looked at Pamala in awe, the eyes staring back at her were completely white.

Salem sat at the foot of the bed, bouncing her leg and and down rapidly. She ran a hand through her hair and exhaled a sigh. She fell backward onto her mattress, the cries of Pamala circling through her mind.

Dean laid in bed beside hers, sleeping peacefully. His soft snores echoed through the room, making Salem envy his ability to rest. Her eyes travel from her brother, up to the ceiling as she lets out a groan.

She buries her face in her hands.

She closes her eyes, wishing the repeated image of the flames would stop.

All she could think about was Pamala falling back in her chair and Salem doing nothing to help. She was frozen. Useless. As Pamala cried for help, all she did was watch.

Then, at first she thought the sound of the television echoed through her mind again. She thought the static of the radio was just her mind on repeat, but as she opened her eyes, sitting up and seeing the dial on the radio spaz, she realized it was real.

As the white light in the television flooded the room, she squinted her eyes.

"Castiel?" Salem says softly, glancing to Dean, wondering if he heard it to. "Are you here again?"

The noise grows louder- high pitched.

"What do you want?" Salem asks in a less cautious tone.

She crawls out of bed, messing with the dial on the radio. "Please. Give me a sign- something."

The sound grows louder- more painful. She falls to her knees, covering her ears. Tears slipped out of her eyes as blood did her ears.

Suddenly, a hand was on her shoulder making her jump. She turned to see Dean, covering his ears too.

He then falls to his knees too, but not without attempting to shelter his sister. The glass from the ceiling shatters.

Salem lets out a groan that comes out as more of a weep, pressing her hands tighter against her ears. She squeezed her eyes shut as if it'd help, curling into more of a ball.

Then suddenly the sound stops.

Salem hesitates, but sits up. Dean does too, eyes scanning the room. Everything's a mess. Anything glass has been shattered and everything else was damaged in some way.

When Bobby bursts through the door, he scans the room with the same expression on his face. "Jesus." He says, confused. He furrows his brows and shifts his gaze to the siblings on the floor. "Are you two alright?"

"We're not dead." Dean says, groaning as he stands. "So that's a plus."

"He could've killed us if he wanted." Salem notes, standing too. She stretches her back out, earning an odd look from Dean that she couldn't quite pin point.

"Well I'm sure as hell glad he didn't." Bobby quips. He pauses running a hand down his face. He sighs. "I just heard back from the I.C.U. Pamala is awake and okay."

"But she's blind because of us." Dean says.

Salem nods. Her gaze is fixed on the floor as she bites the inside of her cheek. "But we've got a name. We could maybe find some lore or something now that we're not going off of jack."

Bobby shrugs.

"Look- this is not like any demonic shit I've ever seen. I think maybe we should do our homework." Salem suggests, adjusting her weight onto her other foot.

"Or." Dean interrupts. "We summon him."

Bobby furrows his brows, as does Salem, but they stay silent, letting the man finish.

"With the right shit, we could summon him. We could then trap him-"

"And ask him questions." Salem finishes.

The siblings look at Bobby, who shrugs. "This isn't smart." He pauses. "But what the hell. When have we ever done smart?"

 When have we ever done smart?"