18| The Fallen Angel

Take Me To Church
The Fallen Angel (Chpt. 18)
———

Anna's laying on a bed inside Bobby's bunker. She stares nervously at the ceiling as Salem's brothers and Pamala converse. Their soft murmurs echo through the room, their voices bouncing off of the metal walls.

The fear in Anna's eyes as she grips the bed tightly makes Salem's heart ache. This poor girl has been through so much. Both angels and demons have been on her tail, and she's risking her life to get the answers.

Salem wish she could've done more to help the girl. And she wished she wouldn't have trusted an angel. Because of Salem, Anna had been out in danger again. Castiel wanted to kill her, and it was because of Salem that he knew the Winchesters' plans.

The female Winchester chews softly on the inside of her cheek, gaze fixed on the floor of the bunker. She leans against the cold, metal wall, lost in thought. She can't seem to get the angel out of her head. His blue eyes had poisoned her mind, his silky yet gravely voice playing on repeat.

Even if he had betrayed her, she couldn't bear the thought of forgetting about him. Even if he had shared their talks with heaven, the conversations still made her smile. His efforts to make her sleep still made her feel important. And she still looked forward to seeing the angel when she closed her eyes.

It was foolish, and she knew that, but the two had formed a bond that even the hurt he had caused her couldn't break.

She's snapped out of thoughts, however, as her brothers and Pamala make their way to Anna. She stops Dean, grabbing him by the wrist and giving him a concerned look. "I don't know about this." She says, glancing back toward the nervous Anna. "Last time we asked Pamala for help, things didn't exactly go well."

He shrugged. "We need to know more. And both Anna and Pamela are on board." He pauses as Salem drops her hand. He furrows his brows as he notices his sister's solemn expression. "Why are you so nervous? Is everything okay?"

"I'm fine." Salem replied nervously. She forced a smile. "It's just- what if we make things worse?"

Dean opens his mouth, but Pamala places a hand gently on his shoulder to gain his attention. "Are we good?" She asked. Dean nodded, then remembered she couldn't see him. "Yeah." He said softly, cheeks pink with embarrassment.

So he guides Pamala over to Anna, Salem watching from the wall. "I'm going to count from five, down to zero. As I count, you'll slowly drift into a deep hypnosis." Pamala says smoothly.

Five.

Anna closes her eyes, adjusting uncomfortably in her bed. Sweat builds on her forehead as nervousness pools in her gut.

Four.

The ginger's squirming stops, but her chest still rises and falls at a rapid pace.

Three.

Salem sends a nervous look to each of her brothers, both of them returning the gaze.

Two.

She adjusts her stance, an uneasy feeling about the given situation filling her gut. She swallows the lump in her throat, knitting her brows as she watches Anna's breathing slow.

One.

Anna's face falls.

Silence fills the room. The air seems to still as everyone watches Pamala stand beside Anna. She begins to speak in a soft and calm voice, sending shivers down Salem's spine.

"Now... deep sleep" she says. "Can you hear me?"

Anna swallows the lump in her throat. "Yes." She replies softly, her voice barely audible to Salem from her spot in the room.