22| His Purpose

Take Me To Chruch
His purpose (Chpt. 22)
———

Stepping out of the car, Salem wipes away the tears that made paths down her cheeks. She shuts the impala door, letting out a sigh. As her and her brother crossed the parking lot, none of them said a word. If they didn't say anything- didn't acknowledge it- then they didn't have to accept it.

It just didn't feel real. Pamala was dead. She died helping them. She was gone because of them and it made the funeral especially difficult. Knowing she'd still be alive if it wasn't for the fact that they asked for her assistance gave Salem a guilt that hung over her head as Dean unlocked the door to the hotel.

He swung the door open, talking in a chipper tone that didn't match the given situation at all. "Home crappy home!" He said, tossing his things on the closest bed.

Sam was next in, then Salem. She softly closed the door, sniffling to herself and hoping the brothers didn't notice. Then, after the door was latched, she spun around just in time to see two angels appear in the middle of the room.

"Winchesters." Uriel says. His voice alerts her brothers that he's there and Salem watches as they quickly spin around, panic in their eyes. Dean quickly runs to his bag, digging out a gun despite knowing it won't do a thing. Sam clenched his fists, narrowing his eyes at the angel.

All while Salem's eyes remained on the angel beside Uriel. The one in the trench coat.

Castiel looked back, offering Salem a smile. The warmness of his expression as his lips curled made her think that they weren't here to harm them, so she didn't bother to dig out the gun in her back pocket. It wouldn't work anyway. Usually the weapon was just to give her a little peace of mind, but Cas already had.

"What are you doing here?" Sam yells, his brows furrowed as he meets the angel's gaze.

"Mind your tone boy," Uriel barks. Then he sighs, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath as if to calm himself down "You three are needed."

"Needed?" Salem says softly before she can stop the word from slipping past her tongue.

"Yeah, no thanks." Dean says.

"Do you always have such an attitude, or did something happen that hurt your feelings?" Uriel teases. "Someone kick your puppy?

"We just got back from Pamela's funeral." Salem responds. She didn't expect the angel to know who that was, but there was a chance Cas might.

And as soon as the words pass her tongue, Cas's eyes fall. He swallows the lump in his throat and lets out a soft sigh.

"Yeah, Cas, you remember her don't you? You burned her eyes out." Dean remarks.

"Dean-" Salem hisses to her brother. She shoots him a warning look, but he shrugs it off.

"She died saving one of the seals." Sam says, ignoring a his siblings. Cas looks up and meets his gaze, noticing the tears pooling in the corner of his eyes. The angel's gaze then shifts to Salem.

"I'm sorry for your loss." He says softy, his eyes glazing over with sadness. His voice was quiet, but his words still made there way to Salem.

Uriel, however, rolls his eyes, growing bored. He shifts his gaze to Dean and begin to speak. "We rose you from hell for a reason and a purpose. We'd appreciate it if you'd pay us back by doing what you were brought back to do."

"And what exactly was that purpose?" Dean asked through a cocky laugh. He waves his gun at the angels chest. "You winged dicks never exactly said. So what do you want from me?"

"Start with gratitude." Uriel hisses.

"Several angels have been killed." Castiel chimes in, trying to loosen the tension. "They've been found dead and we need your help to understand what did it."

"Demons. Boom. You're welcome." Dena replies.

"You think we need your help with demons?" Uriel scoffs. "Don't flatter yourself... if it were that simple we wouldn't need you."

"Then why are you here?" Dean hisses.

"Yeah..." Salem adds. "What, do you want us to hunt this thing down?" She asks, she furrows her brows, meeting the gaze of Castiel.

"Not exactly." He responds. "But we have Alistair. We think he knows what's going on and can give us answers, but he's not talking." Castiel says.

"So you want Dean to... do what exactly?" Sam asks.

"I know this is hard for you to understand but-" Cas begins.

"We don't care." Uriel finishes, "we need you to get information out of him." He gives Dean a warning look.

Dean's face falls and Salem can see his heart drop to his stomach. "No." He says. He shakes his head, waving his gun. "Not going to happen, do it yourself."

"Dean, I'm afraid you're the only one who can do this." Cas says. "You've been to hell, you know Alistair better than any of us. We don't expect you to want to do this but-"

Uriel messes with the cuff of his shirt, shaking his head and smiling before looking up at Dean. "I'm afraid you have no choice." He finishes.

They couldn't make Dean do this. This was ridiculous.

"No." Dean said. "I'm not-"

"Dean, please." Castiel says. His eyes give him a look that Salem couldn't quite define. They looked shiny, as if they were helping him plea.

"We've come to his student." Uriel says. "Because you're the best interrogator we've got."

Dean runs a hand down his face and sighs. He sends a quick glance to Salem, then Sam before shaking his head slightly. "I'm not doing it. So you can stop asking." His words are shaky and broken.

"Who said anything about asking?" Uriel scoffed. He laughed, then in an instant they're gone. Uriel vanished, as did the trench coated Angel beside him.

And Dean went with them.

SEASON 15 EPISODE 18 HAD ME FREAKING BAWLING!!! I SWEAR TO FRICKIN CHUCK WHY THE HECK WOULD YOU KILL OFF THE CHARACTER THAT LITERALLY CARIED THE SHOW?! Just like that?! Gone

SEASON 15 EPISODE 18 HAD ME FREAKING BAWLING!!! I SWEAR TO FRICKIN CHUCK WHY THE HECK WOULD YOU KILL OFF THE CHARACTER THAT LITERALLY CARIED THE SHOW?! Just like that?! Gone. I still have yet to watch the last two episodes, but idk if I want to after that. Cas was my favorite. I knew about his deal for a long time before that, but WHY????? And now idk how to write that into this fic 😭 I wish I could just ignore his death and act like it never happened... but I know that's not possible...

sooo I think I'm going to have Cas and Salem have a moment then cas gives her his trench coat before saying his final goodbye. BUT HOW THE HECK AM I SUPPOSED TO WRTIE THAT WITHOUT HAVING A FRICKIN MENTAL BREAKDOWN?! 

I needed to get that out.

Anyway... that was really long. Thank you to those of you who made it this far?

-Kaitlyn