30| The Final Seal

Take Me To Church
The Final Seal (Chpt. 30)
———

Salem spins around quickly at the sound of the familiar voice. Coming to face the angel, she stares at him, eyes wide and lips parted.

"Cas..." she says through a breath. Her eyes quickly dart around the room. "Where am I? Where's Bobby and Dean? You have to take me back."

"Bobby is back at his home, Salem, probably wondering where you and Dean are." Castiel replies, gazing down at the girl in front of him.

"Dean?" Salem asks with concern in her voice, furrowing her brows. "Where is he?"

"He's here too." The angel explains. "Just down the hall having a talk with Zachariah... just as you are talking with me." He pauses, smiling lightly. "It's almost time."

"Time?" Salem repeats. Her brows knit as she meets the angels gaze. "For what?"

"The end." He says. He gestures to two large doors in front of them. They're white with a golden frame and golden accents. As they open slowly, they reveal a large room. The lights are off, but as Cas moves her forward, resting his hand on her lower back to guide her, the lights flick on. A large room just as white and gold as everything else is revealed.

Salem shoves his arm down and turns to face him. "The end?" Her eyes are wide as she shakes her head. She lets out a nervous laugh and runs a hand through her hair. "I- I thought we had more time."

"Dean has made a deal." Castiel explains. Salem's heart drops and her face falls. Nerves pool in her gut. Last time her brother made a deal he ended up in hell. "In order to save Sam, he'll be the one to kill Lilith and stop Lucifer."

"Dean?" Salem asks. She shakes her head again. "But I thought Sam was the only one who could kill Lucifer- and with an insane amount of Demon blood."

Cas shakes his head. "When the time comes Dean will go through with this."

Salem swallows the lump in her throat. "What did he promise you?"

"They're is no need to worry, Salem." He says.

"No, Cas!" She shouts. "Im going to worry!"

"You're mad?" The angel says, furrowing his brows.

"Yes!" She replies. She sighs and begins to pace. "I should be out there helping him- helping Sam. Not in here. You said I would be able to stop this. I want to be the one to stop this because I don't want to worry about losing my brother again."

"He's keeping you safe." The angel explains.

"I don't want to be kept safe, Cas!" She shouts. "I thought I finally had a purpose- that I would finally be the one to to risk my life so they didn't have to! Dean shouldn't be fighting this by himself- or at all."

Cas's gaze falls. "The final seal is being broken as we speak." He mumbles.

Salem freezes in her tracks. "Shit."

"Dean made it clear he was going into this on his own-"

"So that's it?!" She shouts. "We lost? There's nothing we can do."

"Not this time, Salem." He says. "Lucifer will walk among us and the world will start its end."

Salem opens her mouth to protest, but it's Castiel who speaks.

"Salem not all hope it lost." He says.

The girl rolls her eyes and scoffs. "Yeah- 'cause Lucifer is going to want to frolic in fields."