7| A Warning From Heaven

Take Me to Church
A Warning From Heaven (Chpt. 7)
———

Dean pulled the impala up to the gas pump, rolling down the back windows. He turned to face Salem, tossing her the keys, and then opened his door. The brothers filed out. Sam went to put the gas in while Dean made his away across the parking lot and into the gas station.

Salem remained in the backseat of the Impala, sprawling out slightly as she watched her brothers do their thing. Her body ached from the long car ride, so she stretched, an attempt to loosen the tension in her back.

The back windows were open, letting fresh air travel throughout the vehicle. Despite the slight smell of gasoline that polluted the air, it was rather comforting.

She took a deep breath through her nose, exhaling it in a form of a sigh.

It was a week day, so not many people were out and about. Mostly everyone was at work, so the roads didn't have that much traffic and the surrounding were nice and quiet.

Until a sudden ringing noise began to echo through the air. It was extremely muffled compared to the past, and rather than high pitched, it was deeper than normal. It was a lot less overwhelming than before, but the noise was still rather bothersome.

She furrows her brows and looks around. The sound seemed so close... as if it were in her ear.

The voice was still extremely muffled, but as Salem stained her ears to hear, should could barely make out words. It was whispering her name.

"I'm going inside to pay. Need anything?"

Salem jumped, heart pounding as she turned to face the brother. He was leaning in through the window, waiting for her to reply.

Salem adjusted awkwardly in her spot, hoping he hadn't noticed her discomfort. She then opened her mouth to speak, but was cut off as he said; "and don't say cigarettes."

She then laughed under her breath and shook her head, watching as Sam crossed the parking lot.

By the time her brother was in the store, the noise had stopped and Salem had calmed down again. Her heart had stopped pounding and she was relaxed once more.

But just as she had settled, she was startled again. Her heart beat picked up as a figure appeared beside her. With a panicked look in her eyes, she scanned the man, realizing it was Castiel.

He met her eyes, furrowing his brows and tilting his head ever so slightly when he realized her fear.

"What the hell?" She said, reaching for the handle of the door besides her and sliding out of the backseat of the Impala.

She closes it behind her, expecting Castiel to slide out on his side, but instead he appears beside her, making her heart beat pick up again.

She sighs, leaning in the car slightly as she scanned the angel. "What are you doing here?"

Castiel seems a bit hurt, tilting his head again. "Do you not want me here?"

"It's not that." Salem says, shaking her head. She pushes off the Impala, making her way to the trunk. "It's just that my brother isn't exactly on 'the angel boat' as he called it."

"I'm not sure I understand." He says.

"He doesn't like you." She says plainly, opening the trunk and opening the cooler in the trunk.

The angel stays silent, dropping his gaze.

Salem reaches into the cooler, pulling out a beer and opening it. Castiel looks up and furrowing his brows as she brings the drink to her lips. She swallowed the drink, wiping her mouth. "So what are you doing here?"