19| Flood of Emotions

Take Me To Church
Flood of Emotions (Chpt. 19)
———

Biting the inside of her cheek, Salem scans the field in Kentucky they suspected Anna's Grace had landed in. As her eyes danced along the grass, noticing nothing, she frowns, glancing over toward Anna. "It's gone." She says.

Anna furrows her brows, scanning the field herself as if to confirm. Her body deflates when she finds nothing.

"Who do you think took it?" Dean asks, furrowing his brows as he meets Anna's gaze.

"Angels maybe?" Sam suggests, answering for Anna.

"If that's the case," Salem joins in, "then there's no way of getting it back."

She stares solemnly at the red haired angel across from her, offering her a sympathetic look. When the angel looks away, the Winchester locks eyes with Dean, exchanging the same look of concern.

"We still have the hex bags." Dean suggests, shrugging to himself. "We could head back to Bobby's bunker."

Ruby scoffs. "What? Are we gonna hide? Forever?"

Salem rolls her eyes "Listen you black-eyed bitch-" she hisses. She's not sure what's came over her, but so many emotions has been spinning around her mind because of Cas, and it's all coming out as anger toward the demon. And she's unable to stop. "I've tried to deal with you!" She pokes the demon in the chest, shoving her back. "But I'm over it! We're just thinking out loud and unless you have a better idea, how about you keep that pretty mouth of yours shut."

Silence settles over the field. Sam and Dean look at their sister in disbelief, lips parting ever so slightly.

"Anna's grace is gone." Ruby snips back.

"Oh? Really? Thanks! I didn't notice!"

"Meaning..." Ruby continues. "She can't angel up and protect us! And we sure as fuck can't fight both heaven and hell by ourselves!"

"No shit." Salem replies. She narrows her eyes in annoyance at the demon, clenching her jaw.

Her minds been all over the place lately, and it's all coming out at once.

"Then-" Ruby continues but Salem doesn't hear her.

Pain.

It's shoots through Salem's head like an arrow. High pitched noises echo through her mind, bouncing off the inside walls of her skull. She squeezes her eyes shut, flinching and placing her fingers on her temples.  It slowly fades into words.

"Dean Winchester brings us Anna by midnight or we hurl him back into damnation."

"Salem?" Dean asks. His voice is laced with concern as he places a hand on her shoulder. She flinches. Her eyes were closed and she didn't have a clue her brother was so close. So she looks at him, a terrified look in her wide eyes, and it makes her heart ache.

"Are you okay?" He asks. His voice is soft. Salem nods slowly. Her heart still pounds, but she's steady on her feet again. Her breathing's slowed and she swallows the lump in her throat.

"What going on?" Sam asked, sending his sister a confused look as her comes up beside Dean. His brows are knitted, eyes narrow.

"You can hear them too." Anna says. Just by the tone of her voice, you can tell she's shocked, but as the Winchesters' eyes shift to the ginger, and they notice her wide eyes, their suspicions are confirmed.

Salems gaze falls.

"What?" Dean says. When no one answers he speaks again, his voice more stern. "She can hear what too?"

"The angels." Anna says softly. She stares at Salem, lips parted slightly.

Sam's eyes widen, fixing his gaze on Salem the same way Dean had.

"Salem?" He asks.

"I- I-" She swallows the lump in her throat, letting out a sigh and nodding slowly. "I can."

Dean knits his brows. "And you didn't think to tell us?!"

"Because I don't know why I can, Dean!" She yells. She lifts her gaze from the floor, looking her brother in the eyes, tears pooling in the corner of them. "I don't know anything! I've been trying to get answers- but nobody is telling me anything! As soon as I know what's going on, I'll fill you in!"

"How long have you known?" Dean says. Is voice isn't as loud as Salem's, and is much calmer, but has an undertone of anger and frustration.

"A while." Salem says, dropping her gaze.

"Dean-" Sam butts in.

"No, Sammy, don't 'Dean' me." Dean hisses. "We don't keep things from each other."

"That's all this family ever does." Sam responds, backing up his sister. "Why are you calling out her?"

"Because this is big!" Dean yells, his voice echoing through the open field and being carried away by the wind.

"And you going to hell wasn't?" Sam replied, his voice just as loud.

"Dean Winchester brings us Anna by midnight or we hurl him back into damnation." Salem says softly.

"What?" Dean replies flicking his eyes from his brother to his sister, the annoyance in his voice matching the annoyance in his eyes.

"It's what the angels said." Anna clarifies. "Dean Winchester brings us Anna by midnight or we hurl him back into damnation."

"But why?" Sam asks, furrowing his brows as he meets the gingers gaze.

"Because they're angels, Sam." Ruby say. She had been so quiet Salem forgot she was there.

"But- I-" Salem said. "I don't think cas would let that happen."

"Salem," Sam says softly. "I don't think cas is on our team."

"Or that he ever was." Dean finishes.

Salems gaze falls. She bites her lip to stop the tears pooling in the corner of her eyes. She swallows the lump in her throat, taking a deep breath before looking at Anna. "Is there a... weapon of some sort? To kill them?" She asks. Her voice cracks as she speaks. The thought of killing Castiel made her heart ache.

"Nothing we can get to." Anna replies.

"Let's call Bobby." Sam suggests.

"So he can tell us he doesn't know something we already don't know?" Dean scoffs.

"Well we have to do something!" Salem chokes. Tears form in the corner of her eyes as she becomes emotional. After so long of keeping in her feeling, they came flooding out. Anger. Sadness. Annoyance. All of it. Her siblings and the demon watch, the angel too, their lips parted ever so slightly.

"I know." Is all that Dean says, placing a hand on her shoulder. "And we will."

Another bad chapter <3

Also I'm in love with this gif. Why does cas look so scared? lol. He's lookin as hot as ever tho.

-Kaitlyn