they were just kids [draco malfoy]

I am excited to review They Were Just Kids, a Draco Malfoy fic by waddupitsjo. It's so hard to find good Draco fanfics so I am glad I read this story. If you guys want to read a well-written Draco story that focuses more on their Hogwarts years, then do check it out. 

Another plus point of reading this book is that it is complete and the story continues in two more books so there's no worry of waiting for the next chapter or for the story to be put on hold for long.

***

1. Title of the story:

They Were Just Kids.

I really like the title and it fits because this book is written for their starting years at Hogwarts continuing up until the fifth year. In a sense, they were just kids slowly edging closer to war and destruction. 

2: Description of the story:

I am going to review both the description you submitted and the description I found for your story on the site. First the description you submitted in the form: 

Astrid Ninomae always believed she was a muggle but when she is invited to attend Hogwarts, her entire life changes. As it turns out her father Eric hid his magic from his family, hoping no one would ever find out, but at last, his past catches up with him and Astrid is to attend a school for witches and wizards.

Astrid is sorted into Slytherin and while at first her housemates dislike and bully her for her muggle background, soon all as one they warm up to her - a girl with a snarky personality to match theirs and a confidence that none can shatter. She makes an enemy out of Draco Malfoy on the first day on the train which is the beginning of their shaky relationship as they grow up together with the same friends and eventually begin to get over their childish hate.

Through seven years of Hogwarts, Astrid navigates bullies, friendships and one a many mysteries like the source of her parseltongue abilities, the hidden shack in the forbidden forest that only she can see, the feud between her and Draco's dad, what happened between the two men in the past, and at last, when in Year Five Harry Potter announces that Lord Voldemort once had a daughter, the big question is - who is she?

Insults to banter to flirting soon Astrid and Draco find that working together is more productive than fighting and an unlikely alliance forms as the two teens search to find out the truth. What they don't know is that the truth may be harsher than either of them are ready for.

Now the description I picked up from your book itself:

Certainty and precision were what Draco Malfoy had known for the entirety of his life. Uncertainty was what Astrid Ninomae had always liked to search for. Where Draco was a predicted snowstorm, Astrid was an unexpected ray of sunshine. Where he was a peaceful Christmas morning, she was the spontaneous decision of running down a grassy hill at dawn. Astrid was everything Draco had been certain his life at Hogwarts would be like. Draco was everything Astrid had not expected.

I love both these descriptions. Both of them provide the reader with enough to lure them into the story and while the first one is kinda like a synopsis as it is more detailed. While the second one focuses on the differences between the characters so it's quite poetic. 

3. Character Dynamics:

There are so many interesting characters in your story and it was quite refreshing reading about the Slytherins. We never get to see much about them in the HP books or movies but you've used that opportunity and filled the gaps very nicely.