UPTOWN GIRL | Marauders Era

Today, I will be reviewing Uptown Girl by accioweasleys-. I am so excited about this story as there are very few books written on underrated characters such as Gideon Prewett and it will be a fresh look at how the Marauders Era looked like without seeing it from the perspective of the Marauders only.

***

1. Title of the story:

Uptown Girl.

The title fits considering it is a story about a young member of the respected Sacred 28 family; the noble House of Black. However, I feel there must be some other reason why you chose this title as well. The story has just begun so as a reader I am not sure of that yet but I look forward to reading further to see if my assumption is right (or you can clear it up in the comments if it isn't a big spoiler).

2: Description of the story:

Instead of including the brief description added into the story and the form, I have taken a screenshot from the Preface chapter as I think this is better classified as a story description.

What I like about this description is that it immediately introduces the characters, sets the theme and gives us some background to the story. It's evident that it is not just a love story and focuses on so much more than romance. This description format can be summarized as protagonist's background + theme/context of the story + the hook/stakes.

Your description fits well for the kind of story you are writing because it focuses on more than just Pera and Gideon's relationship. In fact, in all that I have read so far, that relationship is a childhood crush which is in hot water due to Gid's stupidity (but oh well, it makes it all the more relatable, my childhood crush couldn't take a hint either and now he's married to someone else and well... Moving on).

3. Character Dynamics:

Your story has a very intriguing palette of characters and the way you have portrayed them is also very different from how we are accustomed to reading them.

Peranelle - Pera, our lovely main character... You know how people say they hate the main female leads because they are either so overpowered, dumb or just unrelatable that they become a source for readers to vent their anger out on? Luckily, that isn't the case with Pera. I instantly connected with her from the very beginning of the book and I love seeing her written as a princess or uptown girl but having so many relatable traits. Also, the narration is everything when it comes to making a reader like or dislike your main character. For Pera, you have established a very sound and engaging narrative that immediately pulls us into the story and follow her journey eagerly.

Vaudeline - Like you said, Vaud and Pera are completely opposite in looks as well as nature. It's almost as if their mere existence is paradoxical yet they also fit together like pieces of a puzzle. Vaud seems to be the sort of person who is always keeping secrets so I kinda wanna find ut more about her which I am sure I will in the later chapters. She just gives the feeling that you as the author have big plans for her.