Unknown Author. Alhaitham

"Hey Haitham, what are you doing?"

You sat down close to Alhaitham on the bench of the Akademiya, tucking your school attire neatly beneath your thighs. School was finally out for the day and you were excited just to go home and reunite with your bed.

All he did was grumbled in response. You pouted at his unwillingness to answer. Tracing your eyes down his neck, towards his forearms and his long fingers, you saw the one item coveting his entire attention.

A book. Again.

"You're reading that book again? Don't you ever get bored of reading the same things on repeat?"

This time he finally closed the book to face you.

"Heard of having an interest before, Y/N? You could seriously get one."

Triggered by his sarcastic comment, you fire back.

"Just so you know i actually have an interest, and not only an interest but an interest that's actually interesting."

You have known about this, you couldn't call it an obsession but rather a stuck hobby of his, the book he always carries around with him. The one item he would not put down even in front of the presence of other people. Heck, he'll probably rather mop the ocean dry than giving up the book.

Alhaitham sarcastically shot up an eyebrow.

"Then enlighten me, what is this oh so interesting interest of yours."

You smirked back at him.

"It's for me to know and for you to find out. But seriously what's so good about that book?"

"It's the only book that actually explains what i need to know, unlike those waste of paper in the library. The only problem is with the author's pen name. I tried searching everywhere for this mysterious author only for them to not be published under any publishing house."

You pondered.

"Would you like it if there was a continuation of the first book?"

Alhaitham nodded.

"Most importantly, i want to meet the author so that i can see what work they are or interested in working on."

You continued to stare blankly, deep in thoughts.

Alhaitham noticed how late it was and finally suggested to go home before it become too dark.

................................................................................................................................................................

*Back in your own home*

You sat down at your work desk, sighing at all the unfinished manuscripts.

Searching through the piles of messing files, your eyes caught a glimpse of the copy of the book Alhaitham was reading earlier. Except the paper in your hands was the original piece before any sort of publication.

You smiled.

Oh well, time to start writing the continuation of your original research paper.

Pulling an all nighter, you were once able to collect all the necessary documents and reseach finding to conclude a second manuscript. However, instead of your usual sign off at the end of the book, you wrote...

I want to dedicate this second research finding book to my best friend, who is my number one fan and encourage me to continue.

With the book finished, you were finally able to leave your office desk. Grabbing a cup of coffee, you remembered his question yesterday.