Academic Rivals. Kazuha

Sharp clinking of swords can be heard as you fought  against your opponent in fencing class. It annoyed you how he was able to correctly and successfully deflect your hit, making them look like amateur moves. 

The harder you hit, the more he deflects your moves. 

"Come on you two, hit harder," your fencing teacher shouted out. 

You continued to advance towards him with all of your might but soon collapsed due to exhaustion. Your sword hanging loosely by your side as you plopped hard onto the floor. Your fencing teacher, seeing that you were unable to continue, swiftly ended the schedule for the day. As your opponent removes his helmet, you glared at his handsome yet hateful face.

Kaedehara Kazuha. 

Your enemy

Your enemy. The only obstacle standing in between you and your goal of attaining the highest student award. No matter where you go, you couldn't escape his presence. Your clan and his clan were close acquaintances so you guys were always seeing each other, if not at party dinners then at your parents so-called play dates. You two have been attending the same school every since you started walking. 

You found everything about him hateful. His gorgeous silver hair with that one slip of red. His crimson red eyes, staring at you whenever you fail. You hated how he always top you in everything. 

You couldn't forget how earlier when you checked the student newspapers board for the test rankings, his name was always seemingly on top of yours. 

His voice brought you back down to Earth. 

"Look. If you're going to stare that hard, please make it less obvious that you like my face."

Kazuha flicked your chin jokingly.

You scowled.

"I wasn't admiring your damn face."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night."

................................................................................................................................................................

*Next day at school*

You barely slept the night before. You were too busy finish up your homework and cursing at his face to fall asleep. Now you were paying the price for it, you walked into school like a zombie. 

Entering your classroom, you can hear the voice of the last person you would want to see first thing in the morning. 

Kazuha. Sitting in the back of the classroom, joking with some of his lame friends. You couldn't understand why such a guy like him became the crush of so many girls in the school. Girls would flock to your class door, every time offering some sort of worshipping gift for him. Heck, they better get their eyes check out soon.