Second Chance. Diluc

Hah....

You tiredly sighed as you fell back against your chair. 

Another day of paperwork.

You stared out of the tall windows, watching the night sky and the busy roads beneath it. The bright lights coming from other skyscrapers, the constant noise coming from the streets below. 

You walked over to your desk by the wall and pulled out your phone from under the rubble of file work. Turning on the screen, you scrolled right down until you've reached his name. 

Diluc.

Before you could sent him a single text, you paused in consideration

Why am I texting him to notify him of my conditions? 

Then it hit you, you guys were no longer together. 

You had no obligation to update him of your location and he had no obligation to read it.

Don't forget, Y/N. The split was a mutual agreement by the two of you. 

You two were past lovers. However, being in the business industry, Diluc and you rarely saw each other for even 10 minutes a day. At first you two were able to compromise and stick together through all odds. But eventually, the spark stop flying and you two just decided to part ways.

But what if...?

You silently battled with your inner self, contemplating whether you should at least send a small text to be amiable even after the break up. After all, you two were bound to run into each other being in the same business, better to be nice than not.

Your fingers tapped against the screen, spelling out a message. 

You read it over and over again before pressing send.

YOU

I just got off work. How about you?

You clicked off the screen and got your stuff ready to leave. Now it's up to him whether he wants to answer you or not. 

Hah...Don't leave me hanging, Red.

.............................................................

Diluc's POV

It is now midnight and the moon is shining more than ever. The roads were still crowded with cars, their lights flashing up even to this floor. The tall building lights light up the the sky. 

What a view.

I smiled silently, watching the beauty of the city. 

Ping!

Hmm?

I turned around to see my phone screen flash up.

Who would text me at this hour?